• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Rialas

Indeed the ALOC is very proud of it's members. Alas, I'm late to this party!! I've been away and working on things made of stainless steel - I don't want to go 88 mph just yet ! ;)

Should have been blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

I mean just check out the link to my LEAL - not many of those suckers!!!

But all ALs are good surely ????
Oohh, pity you're a little late, you could have saved me :)
Quite frankly, I'm tempted to buy the black as well no joke. lol.

Rialas

CONGRATS on your new-to-you HH AL!
And if you think it's amazing (and it is...), keep your eyes out for one with the coil splits....:rolleyes:
Thanks!!
Didn't know they existed and one had recently sold on reverb.com. Beautiful looking thing. Gassing again.

xjbebop

k7yf5N_a1gso_ZLWLAuizmTv7aL8ZqhLGL5iu6NT126Spd2f1T9EUEuH4biQmK-mO9iYAPqnGE8_I-LdpQeALvFtUanL-7g3AkIz38ges3JRLW4T6XMB4y1ojaeiDDcP4S-oUm9xHZhN6Zpcgw0tFOT8NJnwp_syCyspv-4DeGsyrRDhy2BPg0raFJvm769kJSqNRl-dPs2_n3iAdkGDcltLc92PcjbXfgjVKE0Okd5jCtF5i-Ho17IjoY2B4RBlfxavZyzAjrJ-tC9wONqod_JcXXVPQe54jTQPkaPkNx7muoRFOWm1zVh5xe2EqwfBaRhK14PCIor0tDSShG1plxOchDoIl4M1B_ngNmKADGHmQzXpouOHvaGvM6ayVQ5KTPm198chB7LdZJkQD0djSORzEBYbKZv38E_qbA4nBY4MIoeqza07w_zzlRANcD41D7d05n16piAW2W7qzHfoMzCv_y-n9K8Op8vkyBKCsqpI4xOtms_pE-ILamgu4jOAE7mEBVm0fg5PmeAND24viSrAZCJOq1_g4lFgeTaOxLGj_086mq4D2gnOgoDoNcS9eRMTno903gMZd20Q-eSNMgaiA8g2JhXwS66fQ7eFoYNbKr-nIp-7=w900-h453-no

Here....let me help you consider a black mate to your powder blue... ;)

Rialas

If anyone has an mm90 and wants a deal with my immaculate bfr piezzo jp6, I'd happily do a deal.:)

TripHazard

It's a universal truth that cats really appreciate an Albert lee. Btw you'd probably have to fight MagicJason if an MM90 came up for sale on here, especially if it had a trek and was in a funky colour. Have you joined the Albert Lee owners group on Facebook? The man himself post there. He put a picture of his current player - a custom with 2 MM90 instead of 3

Rialas

It's a universal truth that cats really appreciate an Albert lee. Btw you'd probably have to fight MagicJason if an MM90 came up for sale on here, especially if it had a trek and was in a funky colour. Have you joined the Albert Lee owners group on Facebook? The man himself post there. He put a picture of his current player - a custom with 2 MM90 instead of 3
Thanks, I'll check out that Facebook page. How hard are they to find? Hadn't really considered one before although nearly bought a prs with mm90's. Glad it didn't happen though. I'm stuck on Alberts now.

Rialas

Funky bfr anyone?
May just keep it as it looks so cool next to my fireplace.

Magic Jason

I need to get a picture of my cat "Horst" with my AL'S. Will do it when I get my PDN 2016. It will even match the cat ' s colour. I know: poor beast doesn't exist until a picture is posted. No fight with anyone over a guitar. Especially if it' s a dargie: it will quite simply be MINE.

TripHazard

I need to get a picture of my cat "Horst" with my AL'S. Will do it when I get my PDN 2016. It will even match the cat ' s colour. I know: poor beast doesn't exist until a picture is posted. No fight with anyone over a guitar. Especially if it' s a dargie: it will quite simply be MINE.

If a dargie came up I'd just send you a note of surrender lol

TripHazard

Thanks, I'll check out that Facebook page. How hard are they to find? Hadn't really considered one before although nearly bought a prs with mm90's. Glad it didn't happen though. I'm stuck on Alberts now.

they seem to be fairly rare in the UK.i've not seen one for sale in the last year.Found them in the US 2-3 times. tried to buy one but the seller wouldn't ship overseas

Rialas

they seem to be fairly rare in the UK.i've not seen one for sale in the last year.Found them in the US 2-3 times. tried to buy one but the seller wouldn't ship overseas
I'll be certainly looking out for one, and jump on it if one comes across.

Right now, I can't tell you how impressed I am with this HH. The 2 and 4 positions are "strattier" than my AL SSS.

Rialas

I hope you'll find someone interested in a trade. But JP's and AL's are such different horses.
Agreed. I can switch from my Albert Lee's to my strats, and to my axis SS no problem, but going to the jp6 is a totally different game. I'll hold onto it a bit longer, but I suspect it'll end up on eBay sometime soon, or in the fireplace lol.

Still has the original stickers on, she's a case queen.

TripHazard

that neck flame is unreal - the only thing i'm not fond of on that one is the matching headstock. you should put it in the sales thread, or maybe put some 90s in it..... only problem is, how to get your hands on some MM90s... I wonder if there are any aftermarket ones that sound close to the MM90s

i don't understand why it was disconitnued in MM90. If its only goona be made to order anyway, why not keep the MM90 available? They seem to have just lock stock stopped MM90 be it on the AL or any other.

Last edited:

Magic Jason

I begged MM to build my Starry Night in MM90 as it was made to order anyway...

Answer was a polite, yet non-negociable, : NO

I've read good things about Lollar P90 in humbucker size. I might try them in the starry night as it will look cool with the black pickguard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom