• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

drTStingray

You chaps are indeed incorrigible. I also hold one of you responsible for my current interest in ordering a chilli red Bongo!!

Anyway I have a quote for an Old Smoothie - definitely going to order one just a case of exactly when......

cybersnyder

I ran into an Old Smoothie today at Guitar Center and got to play it. Normally I pull the bass off the wall, play it for about 30 seconds, shrug and put it back. Not so with Old Smoothie. I wasn't expecting much of a difference, but true to its name, it's very smooth, deep and incredible. I didn't buy it, because I have a bunch of basses and I really don't *need* another bass. So that means I'll talk myself into it tonight and probably go back tomorrow to pick it up. Very nice indeed!

tbonesullivan

I've seen these, and it wasn't until now that I saw the video. I have to say that it really looks like a cool instrument. I kinda want to get one.

danny-79

I got up close to Old Smoothly at a show a couple of months back an wasn't too sure what I was holding but knew it was something special. Thanks for posting the video, very interesting to watch but the way my finances are at the moment I have no chance lol
Keep up the good work, I couldn't imagine life without my StingRay's

bovinehost

Administrator
I check the mailbox every day now.

Can't wait. I really want to get back into playing 4s and what better way to do that? The band will be happy because it doesn't look like a Bongo (like I care).

Jackie

PeteDuBaldo

We just got one of these in the shop today and man oh man is it killer!

DSCN6082s.jpg

bovinehost

Administrator
I just hope you realize the grass isn't always greener on the 5 string side.

It's really a question of being fabulously lazy and not ambitious at all. I learned all these coWpilot songs on a fiver, played them a zillion times on a fiver, now if I try to go to a 4, I'm all flummoxed and get that stupid look on my face and give up.

So I'm ready to commit.

Maybe. I mean, it's possible.

No, it could happen.

Big Poppa

Jack I hope you dont mind we sent yours to Kanye West.....or was it Miley Cyrus.....either way just a short four month extra wait......

ljahajajajajajasd;fkjaskdjf'kasdfjasd'fj'kasdjf'kjasd'fjasdjf';asdjf'lkasdfjasdfas

P-a-u-l

Hi, I see you have both a stingray HH and a classic.I'm wondering can you get a classic tone with your HH? I'm trying to decide on another stingray... I have the HH and love it, but I want my next ray to have a tone not available on the HH, so I've narrowed it down to the classic and the old smoothie. Thanks!

Paco Maraca

Hi, I see you have both a stingray HH and a classic.I'm wondering can you get a classic tone with your HH? I'm trying to decide on another stingray... I have the HH and love it, but I want my next ray to have a tone not available on the HH, so I've narrowed it down to the classic and the old smoothie. Thanks!

I have a PDN HS and a '89 2-band. I love the PDN for the versality and the H tone is also typical, but has definitively a modern orientation. The '89, however, nails that Bernard-Edwards-Paul-Spencer-Denman tone down, especially with TI flatwounds. IMHO most important to get that classic stingray sound is an old-school two-band EQ. So both, old smoothie and the classic, are a great choice.

P-a-u-l

I have a PDN HS and a '89 2-band. I love the PDN for the versality and the H tone is also typical, but has definitively a modern orientation. The '89, however, nails that Bernard-Edwards-Paul-Spencer-Denman tone down, especially with TI flatwounds. IMHO most important to get that classic stingray sound is an old-school two-band EQ. So both, old smoothie and the classic, are a great choice.

Thanks for the info. I'm leaning towards an old smoothie as the tone seems more different than my HH, but I love that classic tone as well. I would get both if I could afford it. I've got d'addario chrome flats on my HH, they suit it perfectly. I've read good things about TI's.

Top Bottom