• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Luke_EB

Be in control of your sound with the diverse assortment of Ernie Ball volume pedals. A performance must-have, a volume pedal allows you to control the level of output coming out of your amp using a passive foot controllable device. A staple on any pedalboard, volume pedals come in handy when you need to adjust the volume between a high energy song and a ballad during a set.

Use this guide to determine what guitar pedal you should buy: Ernie Ball Volume Pedal Buying Guide – Ernie Ball Blog

jimw427

I have never tried a volume pedal, I need to break down and get one to try and see why everyone has them. Just something I never really thought I would need. Jim

TheShreddinHand

I have never tried a volume pedal, I need to break down and get one to try and see why everyone has them. Just something I never really thought I would need. Jim

I have mine set in the effects loop of my amp. So after the preamp noise and before my delay pedal. So I use it to get really cool volume swells with tons of delay and then can also be used to cut out the noise from my preamp in between songs, etc.

jones4tone

I have mine set in the effects loop of my amp. So after the preamp noise and before my delay pedal. So I use it to get really cool volume swells with tons of delay and then can also be used to cut out the noise from my preamp in between songs, etc.

Ok, I have to try this with my MVP now! Sounds interesting.

Tollywood

I have the passive volume pedal and I love it. It is very smooth. It's built like a tank and looks cool, too.

Jiggins

Just looking for some additional info on the 40th anniversary passive VP please.

I play guitars with passive pickups and run my volume pedal after an always-on buffer. Can anyone help with these questions:

1. I've read that the 40th anniversary VP is designed to work well after passive or active signals, which makes it sound as though it’ll be fine after a buffer, but what is the basis for this statement? I've read that the potentiometer value choice makes a big difference and that you should select the relevant value for your application (e.g. 25k for active, 250k for passive) - this being so, how does the design of the 40th anniversary ensure good functionality after either passive or active signals?

2. What is the the potentiometer value in the 40th Anniversary VP?

3. Does anyone have any experience of running the 40th anniversary after a buffer/always on pedal and if so, is the taper/sweep still smooth/good? Does the taper/sweep change if placed after a buffer compared with the guitar going straight into the VP?

Thanks very much!
Jiggins

Top Bottom