• Sterling by MusicMan

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
Since we're talking about MM90 ALs I had to share one of my crown jewels:

And a little different lighting so that the sparkle shows through

threeminutesboy

Lovely configuration! Enjoy it!

It's of course unique (or extremely rare) as both MM90 and piezo were discontinued when that color run happened.

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
That's not Starry Night.....what is it Casey?

Thanks for the love, everyone. You're right it isn't Starry Night. I actually don't know if we have an official EBMM name for that paint. I had asked Tomas at EBMM for a silver sparkle paint, he dug through the paints we had in the cabinet, and this paint was tucked away somewhere. The reflective pickguard was a special order, too. I actually had to get the chrome pickup covers off of eBay and swap them myself.

I call it The Silver Surfer, naturally after my favorite Marvel character. Shoutout to Norrin Radd for being another SS fan.

GWDavis28

Casey that is very cool, looks looks like holo chrome kind of thing going on!!!

Congrats, Glenn |B)

Magic Jason

I resurect this old post after having played my MM90 all afternoon.

I wanted the "complete AL-set" so I bought a mahog/rosewood one 6 month ago. Hated the colour, wasn't crazy about the sound.

Had it repainted. Still wasn't crazy about the sound.

But I might have found the secret: turn up the gain! I'm mostly a clean player and it has always been an inner-fight to turn on the gain. But this baby rocks and growls like nothing else!

I just LOVE it to death.

Or it might just be my ears getting familiar with the nature of p-90's...

PS
To celebrate that, I 've just bought a Luke III BFR. Damn MM, I just can't quit!

36.jpg

Last edited:

xjbebop

Glad you finally took my advice...;)
SUPER glad you're enjoying it now!
My 'boring' black one still has a certain magic (!) mojo unlike any of the others....
Don't forget, the more you play it, the better it gets! :D

Elecmed1

Just bought a MM90 on Reverb. Just received it. Wow what a solid instrument. Can’t wait to check this out.

Last edited:

GWDavis28

Just bought a MM90 on Reverb. Just received it. Wow what a solid instrument. Can’t wait to check this out.

Congrats but it doesn’t exist without pictures!!! The MM90’s are my favorite pickups.

Glenn |B)

Elecmed1

3AB83F9D-05A4-43B5-B1B7-7095ACEFF3CD.jpg

So reading this post I am in total agreement. It fits right in between the Les Paul and Strat. Clean it is very beautiful sounding. And I have been trying to understand it with my overdrives (Tube Screamer and El Jeffe). It’s like because it sounds different than the other guitars, I have to understand the overdrive tone. That just happened while playing today.

GWDavis28

View attachment 36849

So reading this post I am in total agreement. It fits right in between the Les Paul and Strat. Clean it is very beautiful sounding. And I have been trying to understand it with my overdrives (Tube Screamer and El Jeffe). It’s like because it sounds different than the other guitars, I have to understand the overdrive tone. That just happened while playing today.

I had seen this on Reverb, nice snag!!! You going to do a repaint???

Glenn |B)

Top Bottom