• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
For being such great fans I've decided to share something with everybody: Access to the EBMM Vault. Once a week I will post some pictures of a special guitar or bass. It could be something with a non-standard color, a different combination of woods, something from the developmental stages of a particular model, or just a particularly excellent specimen, who knows? Some will be from the storage at the MM factory, some could just be things that an artist or one of the Ball family wanted. You won't know unless you keep checking this thread.

I'm going to start you bass guys off with something very unique. This was a one-off for BP. 6 String Bongo HH, no paint, roasted Myung-style 5 string neck, and a special "Big Poppa" embossed headstock.

Note the non-standard headstock imprint, this was before we decided to go with the CA Grizzly that we've been using.

jones4tone

Wow, that neck! Those tuners look really slick, too! I'd never noticed they were different on the Bongos (and looks like on the Game Changer bass, too).

This is a thread I'll be watching, even not being a bass player!

JayDawg

Beautiful! The two things that I love most. Bongo basses and roasted maple necks. Combine the two and I would go broke buying at least one a year.

Edmang

Wow! That is nice!

Love to see the different instruments.

A commercially available Bongo with similar specs is something I would definitely purchase!

drTStingray

For being such great fans I've decided to share something with everybody: Access to the EBMM Vault. Once a week I will post some pictures of a special guitar or bass. It could be something with a non-standard color, a different combination of woods, something from the developmental stages of a particular model, or just a particularly excellent specimen, who knows? Some will be from the storage at the MM factory, some could just be things that an artist or one of the Ball family wanted. You won't know unless you keep checking this thread.

I'm going to start you bass guys off with something very unique. This was a one-off for BP. 6 String Bongo HH, no paint, roasted Myung-style 5 string neck, and a special "Big Poppa" embossed headstock.

Note the non-standard headstock imprint, this was before we decided to go with the CA Grizzly that we've been using.

Wow that is fabulous - what type of wood is the body? That with the flamed roasted neck looks great!!

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
Hello again! For this week's installment I wanted to show off a Cutlass bass that came through the EB factory to go out on the road with the Warped Tour. So, if you're so inclined, you can go check it out at Warped this summer.

This bass looks like it was made for Ian Grushka from New Found Glory, and he's unfortunately gone in a different direction with the basses he plays. So, we have some cool Cutlass basses with roasted necks that can't go to a store.

Edmang

If you can't put them in a store, I am more than willing to help. You can always put it in my house!

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
Why can't they go to a store?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't send a store anything that's been "used". These were not actually used by the artist they were made for, but if an instrument is either entered as a non-stock item or has been promo'd out it can't be sent to a store.

Top Bottom