• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

gkella

I have an opportunity to purchase a 2007 Bongo 4HH.
It is 500 miles from me.
A good price, I think.
1600.00 Canadian.
Besides the general wear and tear stuff,
Anything I should be aware of buying this ten year old instrument.
Was there any years that one should stay away from..
Am I better saving for a new one..
Thanks Glen

bovinehost

Administrator
I know nothing about the crazy money you guys use up there although it certainly looks nice.

But I know Bongos. There are no "off" years or any of that. My main bass for the longest time was a first year (2003?) 5HH and guess what? It's still running fine. Had to replace the output jack once.

If you get a new one, it will have the lighter tuners. This may be important to some people.

gkella

There is about a 30% difference between U.S and Canadian funds.
1600.00 canadian would be the equivalent of 2100.00 U.S.

JayDawg

I’m selling 3 of my Bongo’s. All are in mint condition and were one offs built from one month special order windows. The 5 string Bongo is a Guitar Center exclusive so it’s not a one off but they were only made in very limited numbers and sent to the Platinum room Guitar Centers.

New Bongos are now $2,000.00 or more here in the United States. I’m not sure what that equates too in Canada? The used Bongo market for standard Bongos starts at around $800.00 US for a 4 string in decent condition and goes up from there.

The current Bongos only come in a few colors now. Black, Stealth Black, Sky Blue, Tangerine Pearl (Metallic Orange), Firemist Gold and Firemist Purple.

With the older Bongos, they had a lot of finish selections.

The 3 that I am selling are the 3 in my signature.

JayDawg

I’m selling 3 of my Bongo’s. All are in mint condition and were one offs built from one month special order windows. The 5 string Bongo is a Guitar Center exclusive so it’s not a one off but they were only made in very limited numbers and sent to the Platinum room Guitar Centers.

New Bongos are now $2,000.00 or more here in the United States. I’m not sure what that equates too in Canada? The used Bongo market for standard Bongos starts at around $800.00 US for a 4 string in decent condition and goes up from there.

The current Bongos only come in a few colors now. Black, Stealth Black, Sky Blue, Tangerine Pearl (Metallic Orange), Firemist Gold and Firemist Purple.

gkella

I sent you a private message on your bongos..
Glen

Edmang

Anything I should be aware of buying this ten year old instrument.

EBMM changed the tuners on the Bongos in 2011 to lighter weight tuners. Only thing I can think of that would make it different from a newer Bongo.

The colour would probably be different from what is offered today. That could be a plus depending on what it is.

Top Bottom