• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Coilbacklew

So after lusting after an Axis for years I finally managed to snag one a couple of months ago. It is a beautiful Burnt Apple Sparkle and from what the guy at the store tells me, it is a 2001. I have had a couple of people tell me that this is a really rare color and they only made them in 2001 for the Axis. I am curious if anyone knows if there is any truth to this?

Last edited:

GWDavis28

Burnt apple is a really great color, it was part of the sparkle runs from 2000/2001-2003. Ass for rare, things are only rare if people want them to be in my opinion. There are a number of instruments out there in this color. Enjoy it, great color and great guitar.

But around here, it doesn't exist unless there are pictures!!!! So, let's see it, hahahahahahaha!!!

Glenn |B)

Coilbacklew

Burnt apple is a really great color, it was part of the sparkle runs from 2000/2001-2003. Ass for rare, things are only rare if people want them to be in my opinion. There are a number of instruments out there in this color. Enjoy it, great color and great guitar.

But around here, it doesn't exist unless there are pictures!!!! So, let's see it, hahahahahahaha!!!

Glenn |B)

Fair enough. So only changes are the Chrome speed knob and strap locks. Plan to add a D-tuna soon.

rsz_lrm_export_20180619_062948.jpg rsz_lrm_export_20180619_062918.jpg

GWDavis28

I was more curious of rarity as it pertains to the Axis series

You tend to see more Axis and Super sports and basses in this color. Never seen a AL, however have seen Lukes, Silo's and Silo Specials in it before.

Nice pictures, the knobs looks good I like the Tele style chrome knobs myself.

Glenn |B)

Top Bottom