• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Wayne Gale

I am in Australia and when I was in America i bought a Luke 3 and i am having nothing but problems with the knife edge of the tremelo as it will not stay in the groove and when i play the bridge keeps slipping out and throws my action out the window.
I have spent a fortune attempting to resolve this problem and it has basically made the guitar unplayable.
I play in one of Melbourne's best known and hardest workinjg bands so this has become a very serious issue to me.
I have no where else to turn to except this forum to see if anyone is able to help or give advice as to which way I need to go

beej

Hi Wayne, welcome to the forum.

Without any details (pictures, what you spent a fortune trying to fix, etc.), it's hard to offer any specific advice.

Have you contacted MM directly? They can help direct you to a local resource, or perhaps help you replace any parts if necessary:

Contact | Ernie Ball Music Man

ksandvik

Check if there are notches, particles or otherwise something odd inside the groves. The trem system is not like a Floyd Rose that stays in tune after crazy dive bombs but for normal use it holds tuning well, assuming you do the normal tricks of lubing the trem and nut parts where the strings touch metal.

Daniel

I am in Australia and when I was in America i bought a Luke 3 and i am having nothing but problems with the knife edge of the tremelo as it will not stay in the groove and when i play the bridge keeps slipping out and throws my action out the window.
I have spent a fortune attempting to resolve this problem and it has basically made the guitar unplayable.
I play in one of Melbourne's best known and hardest workinjg bands so this has become a very serious issue to me.
I have no where else to turn to except this forum to see if anyone is able to help or give advice as to which way I need to go

Hi Wayne, Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Luke III. Shoot me an email at [email protected] so we can get some details on this.

Top Bottom