• MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GWDavis28

Swiped from the Mary Spender video of her tour of EBMM

Albert Lee Tele with B-Bender, in the video right around 8:43

Albert-Lee-Tele.jpg

Glenn |B)

xjbebop

Thanks for bringing those up again..... could you imagine an H-S-H AL???
Especially one with a Koa top for Magic J? ;)

Sorry I haven't had anything new to add to this thread in awhile.. been very busy with life things.
Also wondering how Spud's DeLorean project is going... hmmmm......

GWDavis28

Thanks for bringing those up again..... could you imagine an H-S-H AL???
Especially one with a Koa top for Magic J? ;)

Sorry I haven't had anything new to add to this thread in awhile.. been very busy with life things.
Also wondering how Spud's DeLorean project is going... hmmmm......

Check out his FailBook group.

Glenn |B)

Magic Jason

Well, after almost selling my mm90 because I couldn't educate my ears to the P90's... I almost exclusively play this model now. Still love my SSS and HH but the MM90 is really the one to rule them all! If MM ever produced an AL MM 90 Koa... it'd be mine!

And an HSH AL would sure look cool but the "GC" AL HH with the splitcoil on the volume is already so versatile... I can't see what "more" a single coil in the middle could offer.

Last edited:

Fro

An AL MM90 in koa with black binding, black hardware, black pickups, no pickguard with the inlay on the back of the neck like the latest Valentine BFR. This is what I'd like to see.

Sweat

Actually, an "H-S-S" ('bucker + MM90 + MM90) AL would be very cool!

Actually a Hum in the bridge, an MM90 in the middle and an original AL single coil in the neck would be awesome, no pickguard and I like the Batman logo as it was called, roasted and maple fretboard, and well pinkburst for me.

Smellybum

I stumbled across this thread from oh so long ago, it seems pretty relevant to this thread.

http://forums.ernieball.com/ernie-b...tory-albert-lee-model.html?highlight=restring

And these picture, still such a cool guitar!!! Also, that is a great blue!!!

OH AND YOU CAN JUST LEAVE THE 12TH FRET BFR LOGO RIGHT THERE, ;)

AL%2BHHH.jpg

AL%2BHHH%2Bstirling.jpg

Glenn |B)

I'd forgotten about the Big Poppa AL - that video blew me away, - the clever switch not to mention that dashing young man playing the hell out of the AL. I might do a fan build in the new year I think.

GWDavis28

I'd forgotten about the Big Poppa AL - that video blew me away, - the clever switch not to mention that dashing young man playing the hell out of the AL. I might do a fan build in the new year I think.

Would love to see that Smelly. I've thought about doing something like this a few time. I'm thinking that an AL MM90's would be the best probably the least amount of modding. Rosewood neck version?

Glenn |B)

Last edited:

bbjonz

My black AL HH with stainless steel frets and newly acquired 1994 AL SSS. Not a maple board guy but this one is playable. Thought about buying another AL HH with a rosewood neck and swapping that for the SSS maple board but I think I’ll hold off. The SSS doesn’t have a compensated nut, locking tuners, or silent circuit but there’s something nice about its simplicity. Great guitars.

7D5EC5C4-5A2E-4A51-BA12-4A0A4252DC39.jpg

joshriggs2

Got a two-fer today. After months of searching, I was finally able to track down an MM90. I'm also getting my HH painted at the moment. It was black, and now it's in the process of becoming a blue/turquoise sparkle with a subtle burst. Does anyone know if the pickguard on this MM90 is stock? I've never seen a pattern like this before.

LRM_EXPORT_56256571148479_20190914_083334882.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_56257918180332_20190914_083336229.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_56259683601081_20190914_083337994.jpg

FullSizeR_01.jpg

Last edited:

threeminutesboy

Top Bottom