• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

xjbebop

The MM90's (and many other P90's as well) react differently with gain than 'regular' pickups. Experiment with knobs/settings on your amps/pedals and the guitar... that thing -will- rock!

Elecmed1

The MM90's (and many other P90's as well) react differently with gain than 'regular' pickups. Experiment with knobs/settings on your amps/pedals and the guitar... that thing -will- rock!

No I’m not going to refinish it. It’s very nice as it is. Everything is perfect on this guitar. The setup and tremolo are very good. I really like the tremolo, it is so sensitive as compared to my Strat. The paint chipping does not bother me at all and when you want refinish work done you loose the guitar for so long. I have always wanted a vos lp but I think that this mm equals or surpasses lp’s. I can’t believe the quality, you just feel it in the guitar. I will still look for another lp but now I will not get one until I find the right one and it doesn’t have to be vos, just sound and play good. The workmanship is incredible on this guitar.

GWDavis28

attachment.php

Battle Scars. If it hadn't had a painted head stock I was going to make an offer and do what Jason did and have a repaint done. Nice snag.

Glenn |B)

Elecmed1

Thanks. I now will do that!

Elecmed1

Elecmed1

attachment.php

Battle Scars. If it hadn't had a painted head stock I was going to make an offer and do what Jason did and have a repaint done. Nice snag.

Glenn |B)

I liked the painted headstock. Do you just prefer a non painted headstock?

xjbebop

I prefer matching headstocks on some guitars, but not all. A lot of others don't like them at all ... just personal preference.

GWDavis28

I liked the painted headstock. Do you just prefer a non painted headstock?

I'm a non-painted head stock guy myself all the way. I love seeing the wood and I like how it breaks up the head stock, neck and body. I've passed up guitars I've loved because the head stock has been painted. It also probably kept me out of the poor house and kept me married as well, Hahahahahahaha.

My opinion, strip it and just paint the body.

Glenn |B)

TripHazard

This ^
Always prefer a natural headstock. Maybe twice I’ve seen a painted one I liked - the Black Mariposa being one.

wesman11483

you can try is to replace the humbuckers in your PDN with Phat Cats. That's easy and reversible :)

Phat Cat is a cool pup, but you just can’t beat the M90. There’s a few of us who have removed the M90 bridge pickup from an Axis MM90 (I sold mine to a buddy, sorry) for a Super Distortion, but I’d go with the Ernie Ball M90 over any other P90 pup. They’re worth the hassle of hunting them down (or buying a stock AL M90)

Top Bottom