• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Bluesboy82

Oh man!! That Super Sport, if it only were NOT a baritone!! Finally a hardtail ASS, seems they're not the latest fashion these days. But baritone - not for me. Thank god. Couldn't resist,most likely...

Very interesting pickup choice on the Silo Spec. More of an underrated Metal machine.

That Stingray 5 fretless looks classy, as does the AL !!

Couldn't agree more.

When I first saw the picture I thought all my birthdays had come at once. Hardtail Axis Super Sport in Starry Night finish. Then I read the spec.

I missed out on a used PDN Starry Night hardtail Axis Super Sport from Musicstreet, my perfect guitar.

Bluesboy82

Out of curiosity, how soon after the official release are these guitars available to buy?
I noticed that Peach Guitars have one of the Albert Lee MM-90 guitars for sale but none of the other July 2020 BFR models.

Also I don’t recall seeing any of the April 2020 BFR guitars being sold in the UK. I presume anyone can order them rather than Premier Dealer exclusivity and once there gone there gone.

PeteDuBaldo

Out of curiosity, how soon after the official release are these guitars available to buy?
I noticed that Peach Guitars have one of the Albert Lee MM-90 guitars for sale but none of the other July 2020 BFR models.

Also I don’t recall seeing any of the April 2020 BFR guitars being sold in the UK. I presume anyone can order them rather than Premier Dealer exclusivity and once there gone there gone.

EBMM tries to have lots of the BFR shipped to stores in time for the launch date/release. Delays can and do happen.

Ours have mostly been ready a few weeks ahead of time, but on this most recent batch all of them are slightly behind schedule. The baritone and Silo arrive on Tuesday, with the AL and fretless shipping to us soon.

EVHFAN99

Couldn't agree more.

When I first saw the picture I thought all my birthdays had come at once. Hardtail Axis Super Sport in Starry Night finish. Then I read the spec.

I missed out on a used PDN Starry Night hardtail Axis Super Sport from Musicstreet, my perfect guitar.

Yep. I would have been all over this, if was not a baritone. Most of all for me, because they finally had an Axis SS with a flatter fingerboard....15” vs the normal 10”. Would’ve been perfect.....oh, well.

Flash Gordon

Love that Al MM90!

What I DO NOT love is ponying up for a 2016 PDN Axis in Starry Night as a limited edition X of Y produced... then 4 years later they pull the color out of moth balls and do another run of something with it. Just voicing my opinion here... so please don’t get all “but it’s not quite the same” or whatever...

Point is... when you do a limited run as a manufacturer, then go back and add a run... you are damaging your base. IMHOMost buyers are going to be fan-boys/girls... I’m now second guessing additional purchases because I don’t trust that exclusive runs will continue to be just that.

Last edited:

xjbebop

I rather agree about the "limited edition" dilemma... However, I don't recall if there was a Super Sport - Baritone - included in the original run? If there wasn't, then it's not competing with any of the other Starry Night models... which just makes it a late comer I guess...

jones4tone

Love that Al MM90!

What I DO NOT love is ponying up for a 2016 PDN Axis in Starry Night as a limited edition X of Y produced... then 4 years later they pull the color out of moth balls and do another run of something with it. Just voicing my opinion here... so please don’t get all “but it’s not quite the same” or whatever...

Point is... when you do a limited run as a manufacturer, then go back and add a run... you are damaging your base. IMHOMost buyers are going to be fan-boys/girls... I’m now second guessing additional purchases because I don’t trust that exclusive runs will continue to be just that.

Can’t speak to all of them, but Starry Night has only since been offered on models which were not available at the time it was used on the PDN run. So your Axis’ uniqueness hasn’t been compromised in any sense. I own one of that run, and I’m not the least bit bothered by it appearing again. Also, PDNs, unlike recent BFRs, didn’t have numbered certificates.

Flash Gordon

Can’t speak to all of them, but Starry Night has only since been offered on models which were not available at the time it was used on the PDN run. So your Axis’ uniqueness hasn’t been compromised in any sense. I own one of that run, and I’m not the least bit bothered by it appearing again. Also, PDNs, unlike recent BFRs, didn’t have numbered certificates.

Like I said... don’t need to hear about “it’s not the same”. Apparently you missed that part?

Sweat

Wow this got off subject and well FG your not correct this is a guitar never offered before does not change anything, hell I have Dargie Delite 1 AL that is like one of three but I would welcome and relish another run of the original and like PDN's these did not have a COA either

Now back on subject this has to be the best Silo ever, even the Gold Roller was cool but not this cool. most likely will not be able to get one but trying:)

Top Bottom