• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Smellybum

Hey knuckleheads, - I hope you're all keeping safe and well during these crazy times.

Thought I would post this....

This morning I was picking through some paperwork and found my receipt from my one off AL that BP very kindly agreed to build for me, - I am still blown away wit this, and brag at every possible chance!

I plugged it in this morning, for the first time in a while, and Oh man... this thing gets better with age. I cannot get my head around it being 10 years next month since I got it, - but I am Soooo in love, - it just feels amazing. the thing that sealed the deal for me in buying one (Apart from BP's generous gesture) - was a statement BP made about the rosewood getting better with age, -I didn't appreciate it at the time, but 10 years on it makes so much sense.

The pickups are killer too - I've not adjust the height since it arrived, -I plugged into my Mesa TA30 head and Marshall 4x12 (morning neighbours....) and rocked out from my arm chair,

the biggest thing I want to call out on the AL is the smile factor, - 10 years on and I am loving it STILL. I know i will never be interviewed as a rock star, but if the question was what guitar would you run into the burning building to save, it's clearly this one,- its an amazing all rounder, all the tones of the rainbow and the most amazing neck which is growing with me over time.

Thank you again to BP & The EBMM family for building the coolest guitars ever, and to keeping a old man smiling and smelly :)

xjbebop

Great post! I'm rather fond of the Albert Lee model myself...
The TA30 is a fabulous amp! (I know, I have one... :)

BUT, we need pics and build details...stat!

Lost In Space

Just curious, what is the blue called that was on the Guitar Center Editions from about 2010 to 2012? The couple I saw kinda looked LPB, but it could have been the camera or lighting.

xjbebop

Oh my.... I hadn't seen your video until just now... Out-fing-standing!!

I haven't laughed that much in quite a while...THANK you! :D

xjbebop

Just curious, what is the blue called that was on the Guitar Center Editions from about 2010 to 2012? The couple I saw kinda looked LPB, but it could have been the camera or lighting.

If you're referring to this, it's called 'Turquoises Pearl'

kYg6bGS.jpg

*yes, I've changed the pickups & pick guard... only because I wanted to try these. The stock pups are fabulous too...

xjbebop

BTW, I loved your description of the AL's..... They are my very favorite guitar model as well!
I also have a similar pair of the Blues Brothers!

s35wOrU.jpg

*the GC Turquious Pearl "Turkish" in stock form...

Smellybum

Oh my.... I hadn't seen your video until just now... Out-fing-standing!!

I haven't laughed that much in quite a while...THANK you! :D

oh man.....
I forgot about that video!

YouTube took some of the audio off.... stoopid copyright !

Glad so many remember how awesome this company is and what a legend BP is :)

Sweat

Congrats nice AL, still have my Dargie Delite I AL, now had it for 12+ years nice to keep one for awhile

JasonT

Wow! I totally remember BP agreeing to do that for you, but can’t believe it’s been 10 years! Crazy! Even better that it remains *the* guitar for you. So awesome.

Smellybum

Congrats nice AL, still have my Dargie Delite I AL, now had it for 12+ years nice to keep one for awhile

I swapped my DD luke for a Jukebox, - miss it lots, - import duties or not pal, if you're selling your DD AL.... let me know :) - Although due to a tax bill next year onwards please !!

GWDavis28

Like this little guy?

tmaeNyM.jpg

...everything has a price... ;)

You cad!!!

Serial # G21676
Manufactured February 28th, 2007
Build Code 931-DD-71-01-CS-CR
Model Albert Lee MM90 Hardtail Piezo
Color Dargie Delight Martini Olive Green

Glenn |B)

xjbebop

I do love & covet this gittar! However, if someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse, well..... I might have to at least consider it...

GWDavis28

I do love & covet this gittar! However, if someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse, well..... I might have to at least consider it...

Keith, wouldn't consider it unless it was a billion, trillion dollars, I'm sure.

Glenn |B)

Top Bottom