• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

JPSC

New member in the forum :)

Today I pulled the trigger on a Silhouette Special in emerald green.
I learned to play guitar back in 2003 on a friend's Silhouette special, unfortunately I had to stop and well I haven't played guitar for like 10 years now. Just restarted...ohh boy it is hard.
Came across Reverb.com and it was instant GAS with all the memories of the Silhouette coming to mind.

Anyway, back to topic, bought what is called a Silhouette Special HSS emerald green sparkle MN Limited Edition, and I can't find any info on this "limited edition" thing... is there anything different or is it just the color?

kind regards
Joao

TripHazard

I think it might be from the yearly PDN runs - Premier Dealer Network - which were exclusive to certain shops. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong

JPSC

I think it might be from the yearly PDN runs - Premier Dealer Network - which were exclusive to certain shops. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong

Feel like music man should have a record of this kind of stuff on their website instead of only the new gear, otherwise all info will be lost.

GWDavis28

Nice I saw that love the Silo Specials!!! Trip is right it's a PDN (Premier Dealer Network) run. And DrKev has the rest of the info. Have you checked the serial number??

Serial Number Database | Ernie Ball Music Man

You know it doesn't exist without pictures, hahahahahahahaha.

Congrats, Glenn |B)

JPSC

Nice I saw that love the Silo Specials!!! Trip is right it's a PDN (Premier Dealer Network) run. And DrKev has the rest of the info. Have you checked the serial number??

Serial Number Database | Ernie Ball Music Man

You know it doesn't exist without pictures, hahahahahahahaha.

Congrats, Glenn |B)

Thanks mate, dunno the serial yet, I just bought this morning, should arrive next week (I'm from Portugal, guitar is in Italy).
But this was the add on reverb.com
MUSIC MAN SILHOUETTE SPECIAL HSS EMERALD GREEN SPARKLE MN | Reverb

zzrygek2rh6hlqjmryfk.jpg

Last edited:

GWDavis28

Thanks mate, dunno the serial yet, I just bought this morning, should arrive next week (I'm from Portugal, guitar is in Italy).
But this was the add on reverb.com
MUSIC MAN SILHOUETTE SPECIAL HSS EMERALD GREEN SPARKLE MN | Reverb

attachment.php

Nice man, run it when you get it, it'll give you a DOB and the build code.

Glenn |B)

dibart77

That PDN run was spot on. The Silo Special looks amazing! Excellent find! I would kill for a Silhouette (non-Special) in that spec!

GoKart Mozart

It's a standard Silhouette Special with a limited edition color, released in 2013. The other sparkle color that year was cardinal red.

Oh man, I had forgotten about those two colors. I remember them being popular on the forum after they were announced. Those were the 2nd and 3rd PDN runs that came out after the True Gold Lukes, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPSC

Thanks guys, I'll post pictures once it arrives.

I'll be honest, not a big fan of green (the pictures on the add aren't the best probably), hopefully it will look much better in person, but the price was good for the "excellent" condition reported by the seller.

Bill S

Thanks guys, I'll post pictures once it arrives.

I'll be honest, not a big fan of green (the pictures on the add aren't the best probably), hopefully it will look much better in person, but the price was good for the "excellent" condition reported by the seller.

Think you’ll learn to love that green! Gorgeous- have fun and look forward to more pictures.

tbonesullivan

I'm sure if you don't like the color, there are plenty of people who would gladly take it off your hands, probably for more than you paid for it.

JPSC

I'm sure if you don't like the color, there are plenty of people who would gladly take it off your hands, probably for more than you paid for it.

Nahh I won't sell it any time soon.
The silhouette special is for many reasons a dream guitar for me.

Top Bottom