• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Spudmurphy

I remember when you got the pair of Envy Green guitars (not at the same time), they were pretty nice. I'm not sure of Fred ended up getting the Gremlin Green Al. Mike had an mint green AL HH if memory servers me right, Fred might have that one.

Glenn |B)

Is Fred still about? Heck of a nice guy and did me a big favour when he helped me score that JP6 .

Gio_Force_One

I still have the picks I won from one of the Xmas eve parties , probably around 2011-2012 . it was Luke’s and Albert Lee’s picks. Those days were fun . I haven’t been on this forum much in the last few years but stop by once and I while .
I used to talk to spud all the time on Facebook , then I got rid of Facebook and moved and life happened. Always so helpful with everything, just a great guy . I do miss those Xmas eve parties though.
The car looks great!!!!
It always amazes how many of the same people I see on the forum when I do go on.
Great community here.

Spudmurphy

I still have the picks I won from one of the Xmas eve parties , probably around 2011-2012 . it was Luke’s and Albert Lee’s picks. Those days were fun . I haven’t been on this forum much in the last few years but stop by once and I while .
I used to talk to spud all the time on Facebook , then I got rid of Facebook and moved and life happened. Always so helpful with everything, just a great guy . I do miss those Xmas eve parties though.
The car looks great!!!!
It always amazes how many of the same people I see on the forum when I do go on.
Great community here.

Thanks for those kind words. It was due to me being able to get merch at the time ...I was able to stash it, and give it away at my favourite time of year.
It took a bit of organising and facilitating..... nowadays it could be done on Zoom ... now there's an idea ? Get Ernie Ball to have a Xmas Zoom party.
The car ? Well it wasn't so co operative today and 40 year old cars will sometimes push back at you.
re installing the dash meant lining up rubber "boots" around the heating/ventilation outlets and the only way to do it effectively is to "sneak" the rubber boots and attachment into the deep freeze overnight to get the rubber to retain its shape. It's one of the things I wanted to do in retirement -- got to have those dreams eh? message me on FB - we'll have a chat?

Slick64

I just wish we could do a group buy for some custom models and let us spec them out to see who's interested and which shop would take that order? Is there a minimum?

GWDavis28

I just wish we could do a group buy for some custom models and let us spec them out to see who's interested and which shop would take that order? Is there a minimum?

The closet that's ever come was the Dargie Delight (original) run. The cost of tooling and such I would think wouldn't make it worth it. You can dream, but I'm pretty sure it'll only be a dream.

People come and go around here and this comes up a real lot trust me.

Glenn |B)

Slick64

The closet that's ever come was the Dargie Delight (original) run. The cost of tooling and such I would think wouldn't make it worth it. You can dream, but I'm pretty sure it'll only be a dream.

People come and go around here and this comes up a real lot trust me.

Glenn |B)
I was just thinking of an Axis run, where we get enough confirmed buyers, and the shop is already sold for that run.

No risk to the shop. I said I'd be in for a Lava Burst Axis and ASS with a roasted neck in a heartbeat!!

I wish I knew that Wilcutt had those when they came out.

GWDavis28

I was just thinking of an Axis run, where we get enough confirmed buyers, and the shop is already sold for that run.

No risk to the shop. I said I'd be in for a Lava Burst Axis and ASS with a roasted neck in a heartbeat!!

So others have tried that and people have the best of intentions and when it comes time to lay the $$ down, the majority can't do it.

Your best bet is going to be The Vault. Shop Ernie Ball Music Man - The Vault

Always nice to dream. Glenn |B)

Slick64

I have yet to see any desirable Axis there yet. I keep checking and hoping one day.

GWDavis28

I have yet to see any desirable Axis there yet. I keep checking and hoping one day.

Everything in time, I'm sure with the whole Covid and such that the Vault offerings are like the color choices, they'll dribble in here and there, at least I would hope.

Glenn |B)

mantrarock

A few years back BP offered to do exactly this and it’s nearly impossible to get enough folks to commit to a single set of specs, much less so to put $$$ down.

Slick64

A few years back BP offered to do exactly this and it’s nearly impossible to get enough folks to commit to a single set of specs, much less so to put $$$ down.

How many guitars would it take? 10? Less, more?

xjbebop

I'd suggest you ask Pete DuBaldo about a custom guitar order. He knows things and could give you the facts...

Top Bottom