• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

roburado

I have a few JP guitars. I may need to sell them.

They do have autographed (by JP, by the rest of DT) backplates, though.

If I sell, I see a few options:

1. Sell the guitars with the autographed backplates.
2. Don't sell.
3. Replace the backplates with new ones. Keep the original, autographed backplates. Sell the guitars.

What's your opinion on buying/selling autographed guitars? Can they command more money? Makes no difference? Decrease in value due to some illegible signatures in silver paint pen?

beej

Do they have value to you? (Personally I'm not a signature guy.) If so, keep them.

I'm not sure if they'll add to the price, but including them might make the guitars easier to sell.

roburado

Do they have value to you? (Personally I'm not a signature guy.) If so, keep them.

I'm not sure if they'll add to the price, but including them might make the guitars easier to sell.

Thanks for your perspective, beej.

Astrofreq

I think those would help them sell for sure! I'd include them, but only if you have something else autographed for your own collection.

tbonesullivan

Depends on the buyer. Some will care, some won't care at all. The signatures are YOUR memories, not their memories.

Pink

I agree with purchasing new back plates for the guitars you want to sell. You can always offer to include the signed plates (for a slight fee) if you don’t want those particular items.

roburado

I agree with purchasing new back plates for the guitars you want to sell. You can always offer to include the signed plates (for a slight fee) if you don’t want those particular items.

Yeah. I was thinking that might be a possibility.

Bungo

Hi there

As an enthusiastic buyer/owner of JP guitars, I have no interest in signed backplates. I would replace them and offer a signed one as an 'add-on' at additional cost if you want to sell and the buyer is interested.

What are you thinking of selling?

roburado

Hi there

As an enthusiastic buyer/owner of JP guitars, I have no interest in signed backplates. I would replace them and offer a signed one as an 'add-on' at additional cost if you want to sell and the buyer is interested.

What are you thinking of selling?

Not sure if I'm going to sell any, actually. However, I may sell them all. JP6, no-option. BFR JP6 from 2007. Dargie 2 BFR JP6. JP13 7-string.

Top Bottom