• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

lifeson1

I have been jonesing for another AXIS since I let my purple Tribute go a few years ago after an unfortunate New Year's Eve gig accident, where the top got damaged. I still should never have sold it. Amazing guitar.

Fast fwd a few years later, and EVH heartbreak has me returning to seek one out, and I noticed prices had sky rocketed.

This Axis is literally the last one to walk out of the shop, although it was NOT the last built - at least I don't think it was.

It was supposed to be used in the 2020 promo videos for EBMM, and has been hanging out in Hollywood since before the pandemic started. It's a 2019, but brand spanking new. And it's gorgeous. Trans Gold, you won't see any more (at least not for a while).

I love playing it, makes me miss my purple one more - but this one has a nice level of maturity to it, and it's so fun to play.

Can't wait to see what they bring to the table for this year's offerings.

Enjoy!

WEB_DSC8827.jpg

tbonesullivan

How easy was it to set up with the D-tuna? Also, I'm pretty sure they will make Trans Gold again. It's one of the more popular colors for the Axis. Right now used prices are crazy though.

lifeson1

Yeah, as I mentioned, for now they are done with it. This was supposed to be the press one for last year, when there were NO Axis' produced.

As far as D-Tuna goes, it was easy for me on this one. The Tribute was a nightmare. This one was easy and very stable.

lifeson1

Thanks! I am! Got me to fall back in love with .009's - lol. So much fun to play! Between that and the Tiger Eye Maj I just picked up, it's been a pretty good year, so far.

lifeson1

No hate at all! Want to swap - lol? It's just with the bridge that was on that one, for some reason, it was a different variant (correct me if I'm wrong) of the Floyd that was EBMM branded, and some people on here at the time (me included) had issues installing D-Tuna's on those bridges.

But no, NO HATE AT ALL! Lovely guitars. Miss my purple one, immensely.

Slick64

Don’t plan on selling at the moment until a lava burst quilt pops up.

PeteDuBaldo

That one is stunning, congrats! The trans gold is a great look on the Axis. There might be one or two still in production but I doubt it.

We recently had G99950 come through, built 2/16/2021 and shipped to us on 2/17 or 2/18.

I should have ordered more!

9456-Ernie-Ball-Music-Man-Axis-Trans-Gold-Quilt-G99950-5-0-1-1000x1000.jpg

Stratty316

That one is stunning, congrats! The trans gold is a great look on the Axis. There might be one or two still in production but I doubt it.

We recently had G99950 come through, built 2/16/2021 and shipped to us on 2/17 or 2/18.

I should have ordered more!

View attachment 37785

Love my Gold Axis.... patiently waiting to see what EBMM does with the new Axis colors! To the OP that's a stunner, congrats and enjoy it.

Top Bottom