• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

fbecir

Hello

If you play your guitar, it is normal that some wear marks will appear.
Here are the saddles of my 20 years old Morse :
WW45SnIxckKF6golpiRq7VSfvPEuiOio.jpg

With piezo, perhaps one day you will have to change the saddle. But in your case, I think it is just cosmetic. It just proves that you play your guitar and that is a good thing !

tbonesullivan

Did you try cleaning them? It almost looks like they are being subjected to acid. Do you have acidic sweat? Some people do and it can eat right through the plating on most guitar hardware.

JJBC

Did you try cleaning them? It almost looks like they are being subjected to acid. Do you have acidic sweat? Some people do and it can eat right through the plating on most guitar hardware.

Hi!

I don't know if I have exactly "acidic sweat" but I so sweat sometimes when playing.

How can I clean the saddles? I usually wipe them off with a microfiber cloth, do I need to buy an especial product?

Spudmurphy

When I got a Les Paul in 1974, the gold plating was wearing a heck of a lot within the first 12 months.
Acidic sweat ? I've no idea if this would work .... it certainly won't harm your guitar ..... put some naptha (Zippo lighter fluid) on a cloth and wipe off after each play.
Whatever happens.... whether this resolves your issue or not, I'm sure that you will be able to get replacements from the good people at Ernie Ball.

tbonesullivan

When I got a Les Paul in 1974, the gold plating was wearing a heck of a lot within the first 12 months.
Acidic sweat ? I've no idea if this would work .... it certainly won't harm your guitar ..... put some naptha (Zippo lighter fluid) on a cloth and wipe off after each play.
Whatever happens.... whether this resolves your issue or not, I'm sure that you will be able to get replacements from the good people at Ernie Ball.

Gold hardware is the bane of my guitar existence. It doesn't matter what kind of sweat you have, it wears off within a year or two. Some people love that worn look. I DO NOT. I want my gold hardware to be GOLD.

JJBC

Thank you!

Top Bottom