• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

NGJohn

I noticed within the last two weeks or so that the Armada no longer appears in the Vault.

Is Ernie Ball done with every version of the Armada for good? I understand the economic realities of running a business, but what a shame, if true.

GWDavis28

Wow they were in there yesterday when I looked. Maybe they sold out of what they had for store.

Glenn |B)

GWDavis28

I just looked after I read your post. They're not there.

Yah me too. They were there the other day because I noted that they were still for sale. Well maybe you'll get lucky and they'll do a BFR run sometime.

Glenn |B)

AdamAg98

It hasn't shown in the MM guitar page for some time (2019ish?). My assumption is it was discontinued and the vault was left-over stock. Its a shame - always been on my list of guitars I'd like to acquire at some point. Always used of course, but still fun to look at the new ones and see new variations.

NGJohn

It hasn't shown in the MM guitar page for some time (2019ish?). My assumption is it was discontinued and the vault was left-over stock. Its a shame - always been on my list of guitars I'd like to acquire at some point. Always used of course, but still fun to look at the new ones and see new variations.

I think you're right about them being discontinued, but the Vault was not left over stock. I remember reading that those Armadas had a different neck carve, different pickups, and a bit of different wood in the body.

I was lucky enough to find a black one last year that was new old stock. I love that guitar, but I'd also love to get my hands on a new sunburst Armada.

xjbebop

Like Adam said " Its a shame - always been on my list of guitars I'd like to acquire at some point."
Same here...
I've seen 2 custom Armada's that just blew my mind -
Pete DuBaldo's -

tbonesullivan

I would say nothing is completely out of production. There have been some through the vault, which is a good way for EBMM to get through special limited runs during this very VERY strange time.

They are not the only company that has had to pare down their offerings during the Pandemic, sometimes because specific parts can no longer be obtained.

Dargin

Ernie Ball Customer Service
The Armada has been discontinued....low sales and it's hard to get one through the factory without multiple fallouts...I don't see us doing an Armada again..

tbonesullivan

The Armada has been discontinued....low sales and it's hard to get one through the factory without multiple fallouts...I don't see us doing an Armada again..
Well that's a shame. It's a great design, but unfortunately it looks like people don't agree. There's also just a TON of competition in the set neck HH guitar world I guess.

Now I'm gonna go drool over the Luke 2 Dargie Delight 1 that Steve Lukather donated and signed to help raise money for Jason Becker.

asianboy9

Really sad to hear that it's been discontinued and probably not being brought back. What did you mean by fallout? Like they were very hard to produce?

NGJohn

Bummer. I appreciate the candor, though--and I'm very glad I got one when I did. They're amazing.

loocnmad

I understand the reality of ROI for a business but I kick myself for not finding out about these sooner. Fingers crossed that if we all behave and wish really hard there could be a possible BFR option......

Top Bottom