• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

fogman

I totally forgot about the Gold Top. Does anyone remember if that was a regular Color for the Reflex?

I also found this on ProMusicTools Website.
music-man-usa-reflex-hh-neptune-blue-roasted-mn-10-black.jpg

But it's just a Reflex, not the GameChanger Reflex

Love that!
I totally agree with beej. Nicer tops would have definitely had a more positive affect on sales.

Slick64

This one looks stunning!! I'd love to see that come back for a special run in trans quilt and roasted neck.

nfjh8bu5g9vxeikdhd9b.jpg

guitfiddle

25th Serial Number 1

EBMM 25th Body.jpg

I was lucky enough to snag serial number 1. It's a work of art, but it sounds and plays oh so incredibly good as well. I've been taking extremely good care of it and it's only been to gigs where I know it is 100% safe, but it gets lots of love. I've been playing it pretty much every day for a while now. A black maple neck Reflex recently came up for sale near me, and I'm very tempted to get one just to have the maple neck version. So far I've felt guilty about depriving some other local player from having one, but if it stays up for sale long I'll probably crack and get it.

mr mojo

Maybe a famous player's name could have helped to succesfully launch that project. I think the Axis wouldn't have Made it w/o EVH's name.
Btw here's mine:)

Cheers

Attachments

• 20181115_095253.jpg
    20181115_095253.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 76

fogman

That blue Reflex is sexy as hell. I'd totally get one of those. .... definitely prefer the smaller dot inlays though.
Ya, I was looking at getting a black Reflex with a maple board, then poof! They stopped making them.

Here's my 25th.

Last edited:

JasonT

The 25th Anniversary is such a versatile guitar. So resonant. Love mine. It’s what I’m playing in my avatar. Only small criticism I have is the difficulty of switching pup choice and changing from series to parallel at the same time. Still, not selling mine.

xjbebop

That blue Reflex is sexy as hell. I'd totally get one of those. .... definitely prefer the smaller dot inlays though.
Ya, I was looking at getting a black Reflex with a maple board, then poof! They stopped making them.

Here's my 25th.

THAT's special.....outstanding!

Big Poppa

it wasnt a mistake the public didnt accept it. It is still one of my proudest products The 20th silo i sin that group

the biggest mistake/failure of my career was the gamechanger.

I still stand by it but guitarists were terrified at the flexability.

dave1812

it wasnt a mistake the public didnt accept it. It is still one of my proudest products The 20th silo i sin that group

It's funny how most guitarists won't touch a guitar with active electronics with a stick, while bassists are all over active 18V preamps 4 or 5 Band EQs and even splitting their pickups into 2 separate amps.
i still wish i could've pulled a trigger on a 25th anniversary reflex.
were there many failures with the GC Technology, how does it hold up today?
funny if you think that almost everybody relies on ICs, microchips and whatnot in their phones and pc's, but as soon as it's in a guitar they won't even try it LOL

Stephen

The 25th, the 20th, the Bongo and last but not least the Gamechanger were incredibly bold products in an industry that still seems to be happy to play Lego™ with the rather limited set of bricks Leo and Les defined over 70 years ago.

And it wasn't for nothing, was it? The ideas, the technology still live on and are being actively developed, are they not? The Cutlass, the JP models or the Stingray Special basses wouldn't exist as they do without these predecessors.

I'd rather call them a Concorde moment for stringed electric instruments.

roburado

I personally love the 25th and the 20th Silo. Some of the most wonderful guitars I have ever played, owned. I'm half-hoping that no one here wants to buy my 20th Silo that I listed.

Astrofreq

Here's my 25th.

That top is just RIDICULOUS! Wow.

Ishmun

I share most of the sentiments here too - had it for many years and still turns out to be my no.1.

Best feeling neck, bigger body size is awesome; and great tones.

Pic of mine from a recent gig at the Factory, Sydney :)

SmartSelect_20201207-093504_Instagram.jpg

TwAn

I bought mine a little over a year ago and I must say it's really growing on me. The tonal capabilities are unbelievable. It takes some time to get used to the switches and different possibilities, but it's totally worth it!

Due to the known reason, I haven't been able to gig it yet, but I'm really looking forward to taking it on stage!

Attachments

• IMG_20200207_095230_9.jpg
    IMG_20200207_095230_9.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 363

Jamie M

I bought mine a little over a year ago and I must say it's really growing on me. The tonal capabilities are unbelievable. It takes some time to get used to the switches and different possibilities, but it's totally worth it!

Due to the known reason, I haven't been able to gig it yet, but I'm really looking forward to taking it on stage!

An absolute beauty

Top Bottom