• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

JJBC

I wonder how long piezo elements last before they need to be replaced. The high E piezo element of one of my Majesties died out after 9 months so I wonder if this will happen often... :(

PeteDuBaldo

Any of them can randomly fail, there is no set lifespan per say. I've got a first run JP6 from June 2001 that still works flawlessly, while I have a JP7 from '06/07 that had 2 saddles die after a few years (full disclosure, ups smashed the guitar first and I had it apart multiple times doing refinish work). The piezos on my 2006 20th Anny Silhouette, 2007 Dargie Luke, 2013 JPXI, 2017 Gold Sparkle Majesty, and 2019 Diablo JP6 also all work flawlessly.

jmmp

I wonder how long piezo elements last before they need to be replaced. The high E piezo element of one of my Majesties died out after 9 months so I wonder if this will happen often... :(

Many years ago, my JP6 arrived from EB with a non functioning low E piezo saddle. They replaced it under warranty. Recently, my preamp has become noisy (I think) and I’m looking at getting the whole system upgraded to the newer style preamp. My majesty has been flawless and trustworthy.

JJBC

Any of them can randomly fail, there is no set lifespan per say. I've got a first run JP6 from June 2001 that still works flawlessly, while I have a JP7 from '06/07 that had 2 saddles die after a few years (full disclosure, ups smashed the guitar first and I had it apart multiple times doing refinish work). The piezos on my 2006 20th Anny Silhouette, 2007 Dargie Luke, 2013 JPXI, 2017 Gold Sparkle Majesty, and 2019 Diablo JP6 also all work flawlessly.

Thank you Pete!

JJBC

Many years ago, my JP6 arrived from EB with a non functioning low E piezo saddle. They replaced it under warranty. Recently, my preamp has become noisy (I think) and I’m looking at getting the whole system upgraded to the newer style preamp. My majesty has been flawless and trustworthy.

Do you have already a 20th anniversary? Aren't they still being produced?

Top Bottom