• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Paulg2uk

Hi guys,

I hope you are all well. As some of you know I own a few Music Man's. A JP15, Axis SS, Majesty and some L3's also. I've owned my JP15 for a couple of years now and I have to admit after buying a Majesty and the L3's I definitely prefer the slimmer neck. The JP15 just seems a bit wide to me. It's my fault for not playing it enough and yes I know It's a crime to not play it lol.

I was thinking about selling the JP15 and was tempted by the JP6 20th anniversary. I just wondered if any of you own both? or had one and sold it to buy the other? and just your experiences owning either of them.

Many thanks
Paul

QuantumFactor

I have both. The 15 is the epitome of the modern JP’s. It’s, in my opinion, on par with everything the Majesty offers.

The JP 20th is your classic JP, but with the modern db boost and coil tap. The finish is really something special though.

As an everyday player, the 15 wins for me. I will note, my background is classical guitar so I’m drawn more to the larger fretboard radius.

Paulg2uk

I have both. The 15 is the epitome of the modern JP’s. It’s, in my opinion, on par with everything the Majesty offers.

The JP 20th is your classic JP, but with the modern db boost and coil tap. The finish is really something special though.

As an everyday player, the 15 wins for me. I will note, my background is classical guitar so I’m drawn more to the larger fretboard radius.

Many thanks for the reply. Interesting so are the neck profiles the same on the Majesty, JP15 and the JP6? But they each have a different neck radius apart from the majesty and jp15 they have the same radius don't they?

I'm wondering why I find the majesty's neck more comfortable than the JP15? Could be the roasted maple neck I suppose. I'm leaning towards selling my JP15 and going with a JP6. I can't even try one unfortunately because the stores that have them in stock are either too far away or my local one is still not open to the public because of covid. I'm tempted though lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom