• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Nhoj

instrument-101.png

Majesty 8 | Guitars | Ernie Ball Music Man

Keno

Wow! The evolution continues. The fanned frets sure makes it look weird - thought your pic was photoshopped as a prank. Already 25 out of 100 sold. Not for me, two strings more than I can handle but a cool guitar for sure

Bill S

The price isn’t as high as I would have expected. I guess it will be a great collector’s piece but in serious playing terms there is a limited market. I would love one, but I think it would just be a wall ornament in my case.

edhalen

I have a hard enough time with 6 strings :) Very cool guitar though nonetheless! It will do well I'm sure.

Mixolydian82

Wow, that thing is a BEAST. I've been looking for a trans gold JP15, but this is sweet.

MrJJoncas

Very cool design! I'd have prefer the parallel fret to be the 7th instead of the 12th. It makes the angle less pronounced at the nut. I think it would "fix the problem" i have seeing a huge space the nut and the tuner of the hi E string. Just design preferences.

I'm curious to see if this will get John more into fixed bridge and multiscales. I'd love to see a 7 strings multiscales. However John is a light player. He doesn't use thick string gauges so I'd guess he doesn't really need the added tension of a long scale lenght for his more standard tuning. I might be wrong as he used a baritone for A# in the past, but beside he seems fine with 25.5 for B standard on a 7 strings.

Dr.Strangenote

I tried my best to get my hands on one of these as soon as I heard the news, but upon doing so, the order got stuck in the cart without any luck! I do certainly hope that the limited Majesty run is just that, a limited run and a future JP8 are offered for the rest of us. Great job, Sterling, Drew, and the rest of the EBMM team!

dave1812

I'd Love to see a JP7 like that, but i'd use the 9th or 7th Fret for the parallel fret, the first fret looks pretty uncomfortable. I've also got a Strandberg with the fanned frets and the 7th Fret seems to be much more natural, but i guess they went with JP's preference

balance

Hoping to get one of these at some point. Maybe an “Untethered Angel” BFR version one day? (Like the Crescendo Bongo). Hey, I can dream, right????
87.jpg

Sweat

Meh, guess obviously there is a market but does not move my needle. As Dimebag said if you cant play 6 why do you need 7 ( or 8 in this matter)

ohdamnitsdevin

Super stoked to see the continued evolution of the JP line. As a dream theater fan, I can’t wait to see how John utilizes the extra range on the next album. I was fortunate enough to get my order in before they sold out.

The limited quantities really put the pressure on me. (Great marketing and business sense from EBMM)

Do you guys think the majesty 8 will be available down the road to more customers? If so, do you think they will continue the limited quantity each time? I guess it would make sense seeing as how 8 string guitars are perhaps the most niche instrument in the market.

Top Bottom