• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Shankly

Hi all,

I'm continuing my search for the right EBMM, and my dealer friend has loaned me a Cutlass Stealth.

Overall, I'm knocked out by this guitar. The neck isn't too tiny on the back, the intonation is superb and it plays and sounds great, with none of the ergonomic or fingerboard edge issues of the Axis I tried out.

The only thing I'm not really into is the all matte black look. Plus, what's the point of getting an EBMM if you don't get an oiled, roasted neck? So I'm thinking of going for a regular Cutlass HSS.

As far as I can see, the only difference with the stealth compared to the regular Cutlass HSS is the matte finish and ebony board. Is that correct? If thats the case, sonic differences should be negligible. Anyone tried the stealth compared to regular HSS models?

Virtuoso

I though it was odd that the stealth black Cutlass had decidedly unstealthy large white dot inlays and white headstock decals.

Shankly

I though it was odd that the stealth black Cutlass had decidedly unstealthy large white dot inlays and white headstock decals.

True, as well as the white writing on the strat knobs.

Though prob sensible when it comes to branding -the details on this guitar disappear when not being hit by direct light. It's like it turns into a black outline of a guitar.

Last edited:

Astrofreq

That seemed like an odd choice to me too. Check out the BFR Starry Night Cutlass' from a few years back. I was instantly sold on the NO fret dot. I love that look.

Top Bottom