• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Nafaryus

Greetings folks,

I am hoping someone will be able to advise me on an issue I am having with my Majesty Artisan. I purchased the guitar in Fall 2016 from Guitar Center.

I am having an issue with the guitar's battery compartment. The left front AA battery feels extremely loose to the point where if I open the battery door and hold the guitar in my hands with the pickups facing the ceiling the battery is at risk of falling out. The battery spring looks very compressed compared to the other two. This causes the guitar's signal to go in and out when connected to my amp/tuner.

Any advice on what the first step would be to remedy this issue? It is becoming quite the nuisance on an otherwise beautiful, great playing instrument. Thank you!

toximor

I am facing the same issue recently and I am going to keep a close eye on this thread for someone from Ernie Ball to respond. It is a shame that I had to pay 3 grand and face such a silly and annoying issue. When I move my guitar I feel the battery becoming loose inside and the signal cutting off. I think for now I am going to stick a layer of sponge behind the battery flap so that it presses the batteries in place. But I am hoping for a better solution from Ernie Ball.

Greetings folks,

I am hoping someone will be able to advise me on an issue I am having with my Majesty Artisan. I purchased the guitar in Fall 2016 from Guitar Center.

I am having an issue with the guitar's battery compartment. The left front AA battery feels extremely loose to the point where if I open the battery door and hold the guitar in my hands with the pickups facing the ceiling the battery is at risk of falling out. The battery spring looks very compressed compared to the other two. This causes the guitar's signal to go in and out when connected to my amp/tuner.

Any advice on what the first step would be to remedy this issue? It is becoming quite the nuisance on an otherwise beautiful, great playing instrument. Thank you!

Mace13

Have you tried taking a needle nose pliers and (carefully) stretching the spring so it is a bit longer? Carefully is the key. Pull it until it deforms and stays elongated a bit. It does not take much stretch, just a bit!

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
The problem is not the battery box, it's the batteries. 9V batteries vary in size from the agreed specification, it can be as much as 1.5mm, 1/16" larger in any dimension. That's a LOT. The big name brands tend to vary less but the cheaper brands can be worse. The battery box has to be constructed so that all batteries fit. That means that some batteries will be loose.

A piece of sponge or folded card of paper, is an excellent solution. I would avoid trying to bend springs or even take the box out of the guitar because the wires are thin and can break easily and the plastic of the box does not handle resoldering without melting.

Mace13

Yeah, 9V clips aren’t very springy! Lol. But great point rattling 9V or AA putting a bit of foam or cloth in the box helps prevent rattles. I agree 100% that the box should be lined with a soft material for this very purpose. These guitars are the cat’s meow after all!

Top Bottom