• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

danny-79

I’d of thought the scale length would be too short to make it work
but who knows what’s brewing upstairs

Cory778

I definitely would buy a couple. The short scale 5 (atelier) 33" i have is string through body to get a bit of extra tension on the B.
I would much prefer the SR5 though!
Though 33" makes more sense to me than 30"
IMHO anyway.

Last edited:

tbonesullivan

I definitely would buy a couple. The short scale 5 (atelier) 33" i have is string through body to get a bit of extra tension on the B.
I would much prefer the SR5 though!
Though 33" makes more sense to me than 30"
IMHO anyway.
33 is not really "short scale" at just an inch shorter than 34 inch "Long" scale. That's more like medium-long, as medium is 32" (and very rare). The short scale Stingray is 30", and that and 30.5" are pretty much the "short scale" length.

Getting a low B to sound good with that low tension or such a thick string won't be easy. It'll also not be the best feel.

baske

My problem is to find short scale (5) strings. Maybe something that EB can make?
With strings: 125 - 105 - 85 - 70 - 50 👍

Cory778

33 is not really "short scale" at just an inch shorter than 34 inch "Long" scale. That's more like medium-long, as medium is 32" (and very rare). The short scale Stingray is 30", and that and 30.5" are pretty much the "short scale" length.

Getting a low B to sound good with that low tension or such a thick string won't be easy. It'll also not be the best feel.
Maybe my atelier is a 30" I'll have to double check.

Top Bottom