• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

theoctavist

Got a new old one last week. The nut is After market I think; just seems way off feel-wise and even though the intonation has been set and is perfect at the 12th, any note fretted from like fret 1-3 is landing sharp. Yes im aware that "setup" is as much art, artifice, and intuition as science, but a baseline would be real helpful. I just need the factory nut height/slot height specs(and in case this is just wrong) the appropriate width/string spacing etc specs so I can order a replacement. Thank y'all TR /yes I've searched! But I am a dumbass 💪🤠💪 so there's that.

tbonesullivan

What year is the stingray? If it was made in the past 15 years or so it should have a compensated nut, which is supposed to help with intonation.

theoctavist

1998 would be the normal uncompensated nut. Compensated appeared around 2005 for the SR4.

You could probably get one through Customer Service. I think the string grooves may already be cut.
Thank you sir. On the off chance I cannot get thru customer service, are there any reputable/vetted aftermarket replacements?

Top Bottom