• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Ted

Michael, thanks for the info about the discontinuation of that trem model colors-- I just saw that on the site. Can't wait to see the new colors. Honestly, before I decided for sure that I was going to get the Pine Green BFR, I was likely going to get the Pink Champagne Sparkle Valentine. I'm not a "pink" guy but damn it's a finish that grabs you. It looks widely different depending on the lighting. In some pics with less impressive lighting it kinda looks like vomit (sorry!) but in other pics it looks larger than life. I like the way they did the white pickguard and gold hardware on that, which I also have on mine. I sorta like that Tobacco Sparkle too-- I have a few tobacco burst instruments, and doing that in sparkle is a bit crazy. I dig it.

There isn't one finish they ever did on the Valentine that I don't like. Maybe the Trans Black was a bit dull looking for me. I initially disliked the Trans Maroon-- but seeing some vids of that made me change my mind. That Husker Red they did was really hot looking. One thing I love about the Pine Green is how metallic it looks when lights hit it. EBMM makes the best color/finish aesthetic choices IMO.

I'd really like to get a second Valentine someday. Maybe a trem version although I'm glad I have a good solid hardtail.

I just wanted to say looking at your Cutlass again, I really like the look of that tortoise pickguard with the blue. It's one of those color scheme clash things I never liked much before but really look for nowadays. I've been thinking about getting a tortoise pickguard for my Valentine just to see how it looks. I like the white-- it might clash with the white pickup rings, etc but I think it might look cool. Tortoise shell anything is thumbs up from me.

Ninemile

The funny thing is that this particular guitar had several features that I generally never like on a guitar-- gold hardware, rosewood fingerboard, block inlays, fingerboard binding-- But the way it all came together as a package was so beautiful to me.

Ted
Lol, those are the exact same features that would make me shy away from a guitar, especially block inlays. But, when it's right, it's right regardless.

mmmaslowski

Lol, those are the exact same features that would make me shy away from a guitar, especially block inlays. But, when it's right, it's right regardless.
I have chuckled, too, b/c I would be in the same camp! But the whole thing combined is so much more than the the sum of individual parts, isn't it?

BTW, I have found this video - among many more - featuring the Valentine model with clean tones; I have to say: it sounds phenomenal.

Top Bottom