• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

steins76

Hello,

I just purchased an Axis Super Sport with Piezo from eBay. The guitar plays fine (after some setting up) but I have a question with regards to the vintage tremolo that came with the guitar.

I've checked with customer service and this guitar was made in Oct 2002.

As I understand it, the Music Man vintage trem came with pop-in trem arms. Did they ever made them with the screw-in type? Asking coz mine came with one.

Also, the tremolo block doesn't look like it's brass (like how most of the new ones are). Just wanted to know if they made them like that in 2002 or whether mine's been modified.

By the way, I love the guitar (the piezo is great fun)!!!

Cheers,
Stein

steins76

Here they are:

The vintage trem with piezo:
DPP_029.JPG

The trem arm:
DPP_030.JPG

The back view with back plate on:
DPP_031.JPG

Back view without back plate:
DPP_033.JPG

Last edited:

steins76

Thanks... love the top on that guitar.

Anyway, I thought Music Man trem comes with brass blocks.. unless the ones with this guitar is for piezo-equipped models(??).

threeminutesboy

everything is Kosher for me except the trem bar :D

EBMM trem block has a small screw you can see when you push the trem and look at the guitar from the bottom to the neck

This screw is for trem bar adjustment, for the bar to swing freely or to stay were you leave it

if you have that screw I guess this is 100% real EBMM part

spkirby

My Piezo fitted Axis SuperSport's trem block is more brass coloured than yours...although I couldn't tell you if it was brass or not! Anyway, my trem arm is the push fit type.

steins76

Yes, I do have that screw on the trem block :) Thanks for that info...

everything is Kosher for me except the trem bar :D

EBMM trem block has a small screw you can see when you push the trem and look at the guitar from the bottom to the neck

This screw is for trem bar adjustment, for the bar to swing freely or to stay were you leave it

if you have that screw I guess this is 100% real EBMM part

ShaneV

My Piezo fitted Axis SuperSport's trem block is more brass coloured than yours...although I couldn't tell you if it was brass or not! Anyway, my trem arm is the push fit type.

Not sure on the exact date of the switchover, but MM trem blocks were changed from steel to brass at some point. I have one of each and they're both great.

Top Bottom