• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

drewbixcubed

Feel free to ask us any questions you have regarding The Game Changer, and we will do the best we can to answer them! All we ask is that you stick to asking questions, and THOUROUGHLY read through:

-THIS THREAD
-TGC BASS THREAD
-The Game Changer website

to make sure your question hasn't already been answered! Also, please trust in us (the source) to give you an accurate answer, and not third party informants.

Let The Game Changing BEGIN!!!!!

Last edited:

bkrumme

I see there are 2 output jacks on the guitar, even on the guitars without piezo. What are each of these jacks for?

dwntwn

Can you explain how you guys come up with 8 million combinations? Do it take into account that there are 10 volume and tone settings az well?

threeminutesboy

Ok thanks Drew, I'll start

Can we download the software just to understand what sort of wiring is feasible even if we don't have a game changer yet?

is the iPhone app available?

is the gamechanger in HSH config will come with pup cover or not ?

the24thfret

Are there concrete plans to implement the gamechanger system on all EBMM models? If so, what is the timeframe for this? Will it be a build-to-order option?

mantrarock

I see on the app screenshots that there is a button with a musical note. Does that provide a "preview" of the pickup combination?

Also, is an internet connection required for running the app or just to connect to the bank database.

Thanks and congratulations!

drewbixcubed

Can you explain how you guys come up with 8 million combinations? Do it take into account that there are 10 volume and tone settings az well?

There are no volume or tone settings are available. The Game Changer is all about pickup wiring, not volume/tone control/preamp settings.

The math is quite complex, and I prefer not to prove it. However, noting that you can wire coils in combination of up to six coils in any order, in series or parallel, in or out of phase, the potential combinations increase dramatically with every coil added to the circuit. 4 coils results in about 9,000 presets; 5 coils results in about 250,000 presets; and 6 coils results in about 8.5 million presets.

Just as an example, note how many combos there are with just these 3 coils (and there are more; underlined coils are "out of phase"):
(1s2)p3
(1s2)p3
(1s2)p3
(1s2)p3
(1s2)p3
(1s2)p3
(1s2)p3
1s(2p3)....
(2s1)p3....
2s(1p3)....
(1s3)p2....
etc....

drewbixcubed

Ok thanks Drew, I'll start

Can we download the software just to understand what sort of wiring is feasible even if we don't have a game changer yet?

is the iPhone app available?

is the gamechanger in HSH config will come with pup cover or not ?

The software is still in beta form, and will not be released until further notice. There will be instructional videos and click through showing basic functionality in the near future

There is no iPhone app available at this time

All options of The Game Changer are shown/described as sold on The Game Changer website

drewbixcubed

I see on the app screenshots that there is a button with a musical note. Does that provide a "preview" of the pickup combination?

Also, is an internet connection required for running the app or just to connect to the bank database.

Thanks and congratulations!
Thank you for the congrats!

There is on the fly auditioning on the web app. At this time, web access is required. However, there have been discussions for lite offline capabilities.

tonypeps

Is it possible to swap out the pickups with any off-the-shelf pickups? If so, how difficult would the process be compared to a typical guitar?

Jocke

(Wohoo! My first post! I think it tells you how excited I am of this guitar!)

When will it start shipping, will it ship worldwide and when will the website be fully unlocked and we get all the finishes available? :)

Thanks

mantrarock

Thank you for the congrats!

There is on the fly auditioning on the web app. At this time, web access is required. However, there have been discussions for lite offline capabilities.

Thanks for the quick reply!

One more thing that I haven't seen answered anywhere directly. I'm assuming that the guitar will work without batteries in it (or when they run out). In this case, does the guitar go to the default wiring? Do both bank A and B work?

This thread is a cool idea. I bet it could eventually become a FAQ in the GC website.

Edit: Don't mean to abuse, but I thought of something else that was mentioned before: is the silent circuit integrated in the GC for configurations that are not noise canceling?

Last edited:

GHWelles

The web app looks like it has bars across the strings and in some cases only across one or two stings.

Does this mean you can have individual settings for each string?

beej

is the silent circuit integrated in the GC for configurations that are not noise canceling?
Drew- that's what I'd love to know too. I realize you haven't even got these off the line yet and we're already asking to see under the hood ... but will it be possible to swap in other components in place of a coil, like the Silent Circuit, resistor, inductor, etc.?

Smellybum

Hi First time questioner long time poster....:)

3 Questions for you guys when you get a sec?

1.Can you tell me the UK RRP please?

2. Will there be an 'offline' version or will you always need to be conected to the app for uploads/changes - thinking of being mobile for gigs...

3. - Is there an epected lead time for shipping to UK/Europe?

Thanks in advance.
smelly.

JasonT

Thanks Drew for taking questions.

If you download a preset from the website and store it in your guitar, is it going to sound like the guitar the preset came from, or will it sound like the pup combination in the guitar in your hands?

Said differently, suppose Albert Lee posts a pre-set and he's using a gamechanger Reflex with a maple fretboard and a pup combination that uses the middle single coil pup. Now let's say I download that preset for a gamechanger Reflex with rosewood fretboard and two humbucker pups. What sound will I get? How it sounds in his guitar with that pup and wood configuration, or how that preset pup combination sounds with the pups and wood combination of the guitar in my hands? Is that even possible since the guitar, theoretically in my hands, does not have a middle single coil pup?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

The capabilities here are so mind-blowing. I can't wait to understand better the full extent of what it can do!

Jimmyb

There are no volume or tone settings are available. The Game Changer is all about pickup wiring, not volume/tone control/preamp settings.

The math is quite complex, and I prefer not to prove it. However, noting that you can wire coils in combination of up to six coils in any order, in series or parallel, in or out of phase, the potential combinations increase dramatically with every coil added to the circuit. 4 coils results in about 9,000 presets; 5 coils results in about 250,000 presets; and 6 coils results in about 8.5 million presets.

Just as an example, note how many combos there are with just these 3 coils (and there are more; underlined coils are "out of phase"):
(1s2)p3
(1s2)p3
(1s2)p3
(1s2)p3
(1s2)p3
(1s2)p3
(1s2)p3
1s(2p3)....
(2s1)p3....
2s(1p3)....
(1s3)p2....
etc....

When you look at the possibilities of the combinations available, you can see some of the complexities of the calcs.

Using just one example, using all 6 coils at once (as opposed to 3 out of the 6 etc) you can get almost 50,000 combinations just of in and out of phase.

That's before you start including the combinations of series and parallel in and out of phase, which run into really big numbers.

This is just so cool!

Top Bottom