• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

mfallmann

As far as I have understood the concept, the GC website covers GC settings only and hence only GC settings will be uploaded. Perhaps you can add some information on effects used, but I personally see a huge issue if you have +3 mio sound files to manage ...

adouglas

On the tail end of the bell curve in Connecticut
SOmeone correct me if I'm wrong here….

JayDawg, from the way your question is worded it seems to me that you're not clear on what the GC actually does. It's not a modeling guitar like the Line6. There are no "sounds" in that sense, so the question about "uploading stuff onto the website with effects used with the Gamechanger" doesn't really have an answer any more than a question like "what is north of the North Pole?" has an answer.

My understanding is that the GC is a digital switching system that "rewires" the guitar. Nothing but. The files that get uploaded are configurations for the switching system that tell the guitar how to wire its pickups and switches. They're not "settings" or "sounds" or "models." The guitar behaves exactly like it has been opened up and physically rewired. The uploaded files have nothing to do with the signal itself… they only control the switches.

Think of it like this… Imagine a rail yard with lots of switches and a guy standing in a control tower with the big levers that control all the switches. The rails are the wires in the guitar. The tower is the Gamechanger. The trains are the signal. The guy is the configuration file.

The guy moving the switches has no impact on the trains at all except to tell them where to go.

or….

Are you asking if there's a place to add comments? For example, Tony Levin uploads his settings for "Don't Give Up" and inserts a note that says "To get the muted tone for the riff at the end I stuffed a diaper under the strings." (True, by the way.)

Don't know, but what good would it do? Something like "Here's a great tone, try it with a MuTron" doesn't seem particularly useful to me.

Are you asking if the site can handle sound samples e.g. mp3s? I don't think so, but again, what would be the point? There are lots of ways to share audio files already.

JayDawg

I think you answered my question adouglas. I know the GC just by itself basically gives you different settings as if you re-wired your basses electronics but what I was curious on is if someone was uploading some setting they had for everyone to share but they were also using an effects processor or pedal if that would be uploaded too so when someone else downloaded that same setting and it had let's say a "chorus" effect, would the chorus effect be downloaded as well but it sounds like it would not be. I am kind of computer stupid though so that is why I was wondering.

adouglas

On the tail end of the bell curve in Connecticut
I think you've got it.

Don't think of it like a computer.

If you were to do this manually… open the bass up and go at it with cutter, wire stripper and soldering iron… you couldn't add the sound of an effect, could you? All you'd do is change the wiring.

JayDawg

I am excited for this bass to come out. My problem is I am going to have to try and figure out how totalk the wife into letting me buy another bass. She thinks I have too many already but I want more!

CAW

JayDawg said:
I think you answered my question adouglas. I know the GC just by itself basically gives you different settings as if you re-wired your basses electronics but what I was curious on is if someone was uploading some setting they had for everyone to share but they were also using an effects processor or pedal if that would be uploaded too so when someone else downloaded that same setting and it had let's say a "chorus" effect, would the chorus effect be downloaded as well but it sounds like it would not be. I am kind of computer stupid though so that is why I was wondering.

The GC won't allow you to upload/download any specific effects settings. But I am guessing the website will have a notes field where people could say things like "meant to be played through a spring reverb" or whatever effects usage they use it with.

TheAntMan

The GC won't allow you to upload/download any specific effects settings. But I am guessing the website will have a notes field where people could say things like "meant to be played through a spring reverb" or whatever effects usage they use it with.

No sure how much this thread is open to comments vs only questions to Drew, so if I am violating the rules, please forgive me. It seems contrary to what I understand the GC concept to be that this setting is meant for this or that setting is meant for that. I think it was one of the points made by Drew for why there is not a "which preset am I at now" indicator on the GC. It is meant to share wiring settings for you to "discover" tones and find uses for them. Again, you most likely are not going to have the exact same rig, strings, technique, ambient setting, EQ settings, and on and on as the person posting the setting. I think it is to use the GC wiring settings as a starting point for your own tonal discoveries.

--Ant

keko

I just watched Dave Larue explaining TGC HH reflex and noticed that is possible to use for example just bridge coil 1, or just coil 3...etc., right?

My Q is: -does that means that TGC reflex HH contains built in ceramic humbackers from standard Sterling Music Man bass, which including phantom coil(s) under the pickup(s)?

Last edited:

drewbixcubed

I just watched Dave Larue explaining TGC HH reflex and noticed that is possible to use for example just bridge coil 1, or just coil 3...etc., right?

My Q is: -does that means that TGC reflex HH contains built in ceramic humbackers from standard Sterling Music Man bass, which including phantom coil(s) under the pickup(s)?

There are no phantom coils in TGC.

keko

There are no phantom coils in TGC.

:eek:

OK, thanks!

Now I must admit that I really don't understand nothing about TGC again! :eek:
How did You guys canceled hum in single coil mode than, probably with some electronic circuit like on Bongo's S pickup? :confused:
OK, leave that as a factory secret, I will understand perfectly! :rolleyes:

But also must admit that I would really like to try one, 'cause I think it's a killer invention in the electric bass (guitar) world! ;)

What is the chance that my local dealer order one, so that customers can try TGC, I mean is there some kind of contract in official dealership about that? (I believe not, depends from dealer, to dealer probably...) :rolleyes:

drewbixcubed

:eek:

OK, thanks!

Now I must admit that I really don't understand nothing about TGC again! :eek:
How did You guys canceled hum in single coil mode than, probably with some electronic circuit like on Bongo's S pickup? :confused:
OK, leave that as a factory secret, I will understand perfectly! :rolleyes:

But also must admit that I would really like to try one, 'cause I think it's a killer invention in the electric bass (guitar) world! ;)

What is the chance that my local dealer order one, so that customers can try TGC, I mean is there some kind of contract in official dealership about that? (I believe not, depends from dealer, to dealer probably...) :rolleyes:

These will all be sold just like our other instruments. Contact your dealer or customer service for more information.

MSilvers

Let me see if I can word this:

If you have a Game Changer bass and an amp that has both an active and a passive input, if you ran one quarter-inch cable from output 1 of TGC into the active input of the amp and one cable from output 2 of TGC into the passive input at the same time, could you get something where when you have the bass set to active it would only be sending signal through output 1 and therefore into the active input of the amp, and when set to passive it would only send signal through output 2 and therefore into the passive input of the amp? This way there would still always be only one channel running into the amp, and whatever level difference there is between active and passive should be made up.

backagain1

Can you run one quarter-inch cable from output 1 of TGC into the active input of one amp and at the same time run one cable from output 2 of TGC into the passive input of a second amp? Can you get TGC to output signal from both jacks at the same time?

Thanks,

backagain1

drewbixcubed

Let me see if I can word this:

If you have a Game Changer bass and an amp that has both an active and a passive input, if you ran one quarter-inch cable from output 1 of TGC into the active input of the amp and one cable from output 2 of TGC into the passive input at the same time, could you get something where when you have the bass set to active it would only be sending signal through output 1 and therefore into the active input of the amp, and when set to passive it would only send signal through output 2 and therefore into the passive input of the amp? This way there would still always be only one channel running into the amp, and whatever level difference there is between active and passive should be made up.

Can you run one quarter-inch cable from output 1 of TGC into the active input of one amp and at the same time run one cable from output 2 of TGC into the passive input of a second amp? Can you get TGC to output signal from both jacks at the same time?

Thanks,

backagain1

I have to ask for your patience on this one until the product is released into the wild. There may or may not have been some slight adjustments to the output functionality since the NAMM show. All for the better, of course ;)

MSilvers

I was told by the Bass Central guys (where I ordered TGC Bass from) that ETA is now pushed back to October. Do you know the reason for the delay?

MSilvers

Nothing? I just want to know because come August I'm moving to college over 1,000 miles from home, I was originally planning and leaving my Ray at home and taking TGC with me when I drive there this summer (avoid flying with instruments), but now if it's not coming until October that sort of screws up that plan. I just want a confirmation from you guys that it is scheduled to come in October, and what would be the likely-hood that come October I call Bass Central and they tell me it's delayed until January now. Thanks.

bassmonkeee

The E in ETA does mean estimate...

I don't want to be rude, but you don't really have any right to know "why" it's delayed. There is no reason for them to disclose publicly what caused the estimate to be bumped to October. It's a new product. Sometimes, new products sometimes get pushed back due to unforeseen issues.

And, how can you reasonably expect confirmation of an unknown? They can tell you today, "Yeah, sure...October, no problem" and tomorrow it gets delayed until January because Gamechanger Widget A had an issue that it didn't have today. Are you going to be mad because it changed? More mad than not having been told anything, at all?

I'm sorry it's making things complicated with your time schedule with college (good luck, btw), but sometimes you just have to wait longer than initially estimated.

I ordered a Ukulele Bass in February and was told it was going to be here at the end of March. That changed to June. That changed to "a couple more months." You just have to wait it out.

Worse case scenario, you take the Stingray with you to college, and then have Bass Central ship it to you there. And, then you have two basses. If you only want one bass with you, you can use the Gamechanger box to ship the Stingray back to the folks for $40.

Top Bottom