• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

dwells

hey guys
anyone know whats happening to the Reflex besides the gamechanger?
im seriously in love with mine and will be ordering another really soon but it looks like they are being exterminated? :)
is this true? i cant find them anywhere.
peace
D

Roubster

I think people would buy more of them if they were offered with the translucent tops like the limited Guitar Center run or the 25th. To this day, that 25th color is the best looking burst I've ever seen. It is so deep and alive...I dont know what was done to it, but it's just amazing. If I had the money I would love to get the 25th.

So that said, Dean I think you should obtain a 25th. I dont think it can be THAT hard now since you're an EBMM artist :D.

DevRock

Dean, sort of OT, but what is your setup? As I said before, been listening to your album a lot the past couple of weeks and your tone is nuts. Also, what tuning?

Barny

First off, Dean, love your playing and the new album is epic, first "heavy" album I have bought for a very long time and I am loving it.

Back OT, I have owned pretty much all the standard Musicman Models apart from a JP at one time or another but as soon as I played my first reflex I really felt like I had found THE perfect guitar and I tell anyone else that plays guitar that will listen they need to try one.

What I have had to come to accept is that most guitar players have a comfort zone of brands and they don't really venture outside of it. I guess because of that most (not all) guitar shops have to cater to there needs to make money and that's why we see less MM guitars in stock in most guitar shops (definitely in London). The thing I find most frustrating is the lack of knowledge most places have of MM guitars even ones they have in stock. When I picked up my first reflex, which was one of the roasted ones, the shop had for some time had a standard reflex. When I got mine out to have a quick play on before the journey home the guy in the shop was watching and when I was trying out the series/parallel switch he said "what does that do?" LOL

A Mancave Noodler like me is never going to convince anyone to buy a reflex with my playing but I will buy one ever time there is a ltd edition or new model if I can and I will keep my fingers crossed that the Gamechanger will raise the profile of the reflex.

P.S BP please offer the Gamechanger in Candy Apple Red (or any red) and I will buy one without hesitation (cant have any more black guitars)!!

Last edited:

Warg Master

dean search guitar center they still have a bunch and grind the living daylights out of them. The public rejected both guitars...devastated...but used to it.

That's the guitar I played most when I went in there... then it disappeared and I wasn't happy.

ozzyrules

The public rejected both guitars...devastated...but used to it.

Tonally the most diverse guitar in my arsenal. I don't think I can sell mine. I have something on order from EBMM. I promised the wife that I would sell the 25th to make room. Don't think I can keep my promise. Wonder what this is gonna cost me?

Last edited:

peterd79

dean search guitar center they still have a bunch and grind the living daylights out of them. The public rejected both guitars...devastated...but used to it.

When the 25th came out i would go to the Sac GC just to play it... it was unbelievable and then it disappeared.

When i went to NAMM this year i was fortunate enough to use the 25th that you guys brought down with you... I played it all weekend at the booth i was demoing at and just loved it... really didn't want to give it back.

That guitar was able to deliver just about every single tone option one could want... the playability and balance were incredible. It just rocked!

I'll try to become famous too BP... if you want to send one my way ;)

Top Bottom