• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

JayDawg

Is there an option to order one be it Sabre or Stingray with a matching headstock painted with changing paint color? Also, is there a 5 string version of the Sabre being offered? I thought they said there was originally but I have since then heard conflicting things. Figured I would post the question on here instead of calling CS that way more people could see the answer.

oli@bass

Cool. Thanks, guess its the rarity more than anything.

I don't think so. The Sabre is more different to the StingRay than you'd think at first, with its own cool vibe. IMO it feels more like the Sterling, smaller, agile, fast, especially with the early 80's slimmer C shaped necks (which you also find on StingRays of that era). And it does sound different than the SR HH, not only because of the different coil combinations but also because of the different neck pickup position and construction (16 pole pieces) and the 2 EQ preamp.

oli@bass

From Tony Levin's Road Diary:
Peter Gabriel Back to Front Tour 2012
Peter Gabriel Back to Front Tour 2012

sjbass2.jpg

sjbass1.jpg

lap9.jpg

lap11.jpg

JayDawg

^^^ Major drool coming from my mouth right now. I promised the wife after the PDN Bongo that I would take a break from getting more basses but man I want to order one of these so stinking bad.

Calaveras

from those pics its looking closer to 1-5/8" than 1-1/2" at the nut.
yeah 1/8th inch is a bfd.
(btw how old is Tony Levins daughter, wow!)

Last edited:

bradfordws

I guess Tony Levin was able to talk "them" into putting the Sabre back into production - cool. Even cooler if it sells well and we get a Sabre "Classic" model available in all the normal colors - and a 5 string version!

To answer an earlier question, besides Sarzo, I believe Louis Johnson played both a Stingray AND a Sabre back in the day with Brothers Johnson.

BIGEJ2

Is there an option to order one be it Sabre or Stingray with a matching headstock painted with changing paint color? Also, is there a 5 string version of the Sabre being offered? I thought they said there was originally but I have since then heard conflicting things. Figured I would post the question on here instead of calling CS that way more people could see the answer.

I don't think a painted headstock is an option, at least that's what I heard. Can someone clarify?

T28

Darn.........still waiting on my PDN BigAl 5 and now this!

Wonder why they aren't doing a matching headstock since the last 2 PDN's have had them?

Gonna talk to the boss tonight and see if I can do some chores that will allow me to get this one!

DTG

Is this a first stingray signature model ? No better man to have one.

bassmonkeee

But, it does come with a certificate signed by T Levin. It might not be a "signature model," but it does literally come with his signature. :D

DTG

I was going by the title of the thread,the pictures of tony in the advert and the cert thing not the colour.

Top Bottom