• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

rhythmCity944

the schaller BT1 design key fits well too (same shape and all) and you can always fit the taper post too if you don't care about it saying MUSICMAN...just an idea otherwise probably go through your dealer

the unrepentant

Actually yeah, i'm pretty sure the tuning pegs on the ray at whatever are schaller, they just say musicman on them, the only ones that aren't schaller are the SUB basses, which are musicman's own design (which are just as good IMO)

Caca de Kick

Where can I go to get an OE tuning key? The key part is loose on the shaft and rattles when I play a open E. Any ideas?

Under the gear is a spring tension plate. You could probably just either check the plate is tight, or tweak the plate to keep the tuner paddle from rattling.

Musicman Nut

Where can I go to get an OE tuning key? The key part is loose on the shaft and rattles when I play a open E. Any ideas?

You Don't need a New Key Just tighten the Screw in the Back, Make sure no one has removed the Spring washer, even if the washer is gone tighten the main screw and you'll be fine.:D

flea

Hello. I have a problem with the G tuning key. The ''elephant'' part is loose on the shaft and when i softly pull it off it comes out of the shaft easily. They suggested me to stick it with a hard glue but i) i dont know if is this right, ii) i dont know how to do it.
Can you suggest me anything to ''save'' my key.? Its a 98's mm stingray and i dont want to change anything on it.

Attachments

• ear.jpg
    ear.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 140

bdgotoh

Hello. I have a problem with the G tuning key. The ''elephant'' part is loose on the shaft and when i softly pull it off it comes out of the shaft easily. They suggested me to stick it with a hard glue but i) i dont know if is this right, ii) i dont know how to do it.
Can you suggest me anything to ''save'' my key.? Its a 98's mm stingray and i dont want to change anything on it.

This happens when the key opening becomes too wide. If you put layers of tape on plier jaws to protect the chrome you can gently squeeze the opening on the clover key tighter. Don't go too far and bend or otherwise damage it. You then carefully tap it back onto the tuner shaft with a piece of wood to again protect the finish. I've done this several times and it fixes the problem perfectly.

flea

This happens when the key opening becomes too wide. If you put layers of tape on plier jaws to protect the chrome you can gently squeeze the opening on the clover key tighter. Don't go too far and bend or otherwise damage it. You then carefully tap it back onto the tuner shaft with a piece of wood to again protect the finish. I've done this several times and it fixes the problem perfectly.

Thanks a lot bdgotoh. Now it seems to be fine.

adouglas

On the tail end of the bell curve in Connecticut
Bob Vila would be proud!

Or you could just go all Tim Allen on it and use this:

jaws-of-life-746772.jpg

Top Bottom