• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

D.A.

Loved my first MM Bass soooo much got another .....Big Al serial number F42394, this one might be better than my classic stingray

gregcadu

hello i have two basses i would like to know more about
first is rather old: B007275 (white becoming yellow)
the other one is :31718 (sunburst)

thanks a lot!
greg

jacob.rocha

Ernie Ball, Inc.
I would appreciate any info on my Classic Sterling 4 #B052177

Brewsterd, welcome to the forum!
B052177 - DOB: 09/20/10, Coral Red Sterling Classic, ashwood body, shell pickguard, flame maple neck/ fretboard.

Hi!
My two Rays are B023691 and B022922. Interested in any information, especially the body and neck wood, date of birth, etc...
Thanks Jacob!

bgmttt, welcome to the forum!
Unfortunately, neither of these serial numbers appear to be in our database. However, according to musicmanbass.org, both of these basses were born in 1977.

I've had an 83" since 1984.
Last year I bought and sold a 1996; still regret this.
Went to sell gear today but fell in love with E67230; I can always get more money!
When did the maple fingerboards change to what looks like either no or a matte finish?

E67230 - DOB: 09/18/08, black SR4-H. We started producing unfinished necks back in 1991.

Hello Jacob!

Looking into my documentation seems that I've lost the specs about woods, pickup material and date of my stingray :-( would you make me a favour and try to find them out at your database? It would be much apreciated!! Its an E04532

Thanks a lot!

Raul, welcome to the forum!
E04532 doesn't appear to be in our database- Please check again and re-post.

Hi
Very excited to recently join the MM club with a blue SR5.
Serial number E40067 - Any details DOB, wood, pickups etc would be great!
Thanks

papadapang, welcome to the forum!
E40067 - DOB: 02/05/04, Carbon Blue Pearl SR5-H, ashwood body, Ferrite (ceramic) pickup w/ phantom coil, maple neck/ rosewood fretboard.

Loved my first MM Bass soooo much got another .....Big Al serial number F42394, this one might be better than my classic stingray

F42394 - DOB: 01/23/13

hello i have two basses i would like to know more about
first is rather old: B007275 (white becoming yellow)
the other one is :31718 (sunburst)

thanks a lot!
greg

Greg, welcome to the forum!
B007275 - Unfortunately, this bass doesn't appear to be in our database. However, according to musicmanbass.org, it's got a DOB of 1978.
031718 - DOB: 10/05/90

bgmttt

bgmttt, welcome to the forum!
Unfortunately, neither of these serial numbers appear to be in our database. However, according to musicmanbass.org, both of these basses were born in 1977.

Hi Jacob,
i think they are born somewhere between 1985-1986. Please check again the numbers.
Thanks
Youlian

Rod Trussbroken

Hi Jacob,
i think they are born somewhere between 1985-1986. Please check again the numbers.
Thanks
Youlian

The serials can be confusing because the B0xxxxx numbers were used on both Pre-EB and early EB Basses. In both cases (ie Pre-EB and early EB "B" serials) no information was recorded and serials were not necessarily in strict chronological order. As to which period Bass is being referred to... a Pre-EB Bass has three position marker fretboard dots past the 12th and the string retainer is on the D&G strings. An early EB Bass has four position dots past the 12th and the string retainer is on the A&D strings. Also, some early EB Basses don't have "Ernie Ball" on the headstock logo. If your Basses are from the EB period then all that can be said is that they date from 1985-86. You may be lucky and find a date written with a black marker pen on the rear of the crescent moon controll plate. Failing that, dates can be found on the neck heel and the neck pocket on the body (neck has to be removed to view them).

bgmttt

The serials can be confusing because the B0xxxxx numbers were used on both Pre-EB and early EB Basses. In both cases (ie Pre-EB and early EB "B" serials) no information was recorded and serials were not necessarily in strict chronological order. As to which period Bass is being referred to... a Pre-EB Bass has three position marker fretboard dots past the 12th and the string retainer is on the D&G strings. An early EB Bass has four position dots past the 12th and the string retainer is on the A&D strings. Also, some early EB Basses don't have "Ernie Ball" on the headstock logo. If your Basses are from the EB period then all that can be said is that they date from 1985-86. You may be lucky and find a date written with a black marker pen on the rear of the crescent moon controll plate. Failing that, dates can be found on the neck heel and the neck pocket on the body (neck has to be removed to view them).

They are definitely "Ernie Ball" basses due to headstock logo. Thanks Rod

mushers

hi could you date my bass and give info on colour etc please f11299
thanks

Last edited:

Lublin

Hello! New member and owner of a brand new and gorgeous Powder Blue Stingray Classic 4. As a matter of fact, I bought Musician's Friend very last one. :)

I'd like to know the date of birth of my instrument. Please post it when you have a chance. Looking forward to many beautiful moments with my new bass!

Serial number: B051089

Klenda2

Hello,

may I have some info on my SR5? #E59046
(sorry for double-post on "What is the production date...")

Thanks!
Philippe

aeroplane

Hi!!!
i have a SR5- H configuration - natural . serial number E06366

i'd like to know when was built and which type of wood is the body.
thanks in advance... EB it's really the best.

A.

A.J.

Hi guys new to this forum and I would love to find out some info about my mm bass that my missis got me last year 2nd hand. Serial number is - E06438

Welcome to the forum and thanks for playing Music Man! Your bass was completed on December 15th, 1998.

Thanks in advance
Rubiks

hi could you date my bass and give info on colour etc please f11299
thanks

Your bass was completed on September 30th, 2009.

Hello! New member and owner of a brand new and gorgeous Powder Blue Stingray Classic 4. As a matter of fact, I bought Musician's Friend very last one. :)

I'd like to know the date of birth of my instrument. Please post it when you have a chance. Looking forward to many beautiful moments with my new bass!

Serial number: B051089

Welcome to the forum and thanks for playing Music Man! Your bass was completed on August 19th, 2010.

Hello,

may I have some info on my SR5? #E59046
(sorry for double-post on "What is the production date...")

Thanks!
Philippe

No worries Philippe! Your bass was completed on April 9th, 2007.

Hi!!!
i have a SR5- H configuration - natural . serial number E06366

i'd like to know when was built and which type of wood is the body.
thanks in advance... EB it's really the best.

A.

Your bass was completed on December 11th, 1998. The body is ash.

leobif

Excuse me, my name is Leonardo and my english is very bad..
I have a Stingray 5 with serial number: E67221
I would like to know the specifics and find out if the pickup is alnico or ceramic
Thank you infinitely for the courtesy

Jpm

Hi, I am interested to know more about this bass. Can you tell me if you have any info on #29920. I think that it might be one of the 100 "Dath Vader bases". Thanks for any help!

-Jason

warpeg

Can you tell me about my Stingray 4? It is serial number E47100. It has a sunburst body, rosewood fret board and 3-band EQ.

Raúl Mansilla

Hello Jacob! I was mistaken :-(

Looking into my documentation seems that I've lost the specs about woods, pickup material and date of my stingray :-( would you make me a favour and try to find them out at your database? It would be much apreciated!! Its E04632

Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom