• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

bovinehost

Administrator
Saw this earlier on THAT OTHER FACEBOOK THING and was happy to see you finally got it.

As you already know, I totally approve of this bass! Single H - that IS the secret weapon!

Have fun with it, my friend (I know you will).

Jack

keko

Thank You guys, You're all so kind!

Did a slight setup Yesterday evening, just a little bit G and D string octave setup (half of the Philips screwdriver turn), lower a saddles just for a 1/10 of millimeter, truss rod didn't touched at all, neck is straight like a marble block, ...great bass, point & shot, soooo loud even unplugged, ...louder than a reflex when plugged in and all flat, ...I suppose it's about neodymium pickup?

Wow!!!

keko

What a beautiful instrument. I generally don't like red but I really like that color. Congratulations.

Tnx., ...color is much better in live environment, ...those are crappy cell phone pics above, ..but I'll organize soon a real professional photo-session to show this baby for real.

keko

now that is my kind of bass! thanks Keko

Yes Sir!
smiley-face-soldier.gif

Mabongohogany

Saw this earlier on THAT OTHER FACEBOOK THING and was happy to see you finally got it.

As you already know, I totally approve of this bass! Single H - that IS the secret weapon!

Jack

I'm new at this bass thing, please explain the secret weapon part.
I just can't seem to get any good tone from my HH Bongo!

:D:cool::confused::mad::(

keko

Jack

now that is my kind of bass! thanks Keko

Schweeeet.

I have that exact same bass and it's my go-to for my rock band.

3 most important persons who made an influence on me to buy a Candy Red single H Bongo 5, :) ...and the new tuners :D of course!!!

Thank You guys! ;)

keko

Congrats, how does it sound compared to your reflex.

Neck feels like I'm home again, ...OK 2 frets more on a Bongo, but I'm home with both basses, if You know what I mean?

Sound-wise, ...well I can only describe bridge H active parallel mode on reflex compared to the Bongo in EQ flat position, other sound options are pointless for compare, right?

Bongo is louder and wider in a tone range, that's all I can say right now, other is almost the same in the basic Music Man tone!

Interesting is that balance on the strap is in advantage for a Bongo, what is pretty obvious according to the body shapes of these two basses, but more interesting is that I made a strap length setup equal for both bass straps!!! :)

Reflex is more produced sound-wise, I'd say a pure studio performer in tone, ...while Bongo is more "wild" and brutal, I bet Bongo will beat reflex in live gig environment, but let's wait for the Saturday wedding gig! ;)

Welcome to the Single H Club

Your brochure explaining rituals and secret handshakes are in the mail.

It is that good.

Thanks, ...glad to be a part of the single H club too! :)

Top Bottom