• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jmp220478

Hi Guys - picked up one in a trade deal - needs some tlc - fret dress / work on trem unit but otherwise its very nice instrument ...

I know nothing about this guitar though - pickups ? body ( assuming alder ) - were they routed as standard for SSH ...

Would also love your insight into your experiences on this model etc

cheers in advance

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Ooh nice! Photos please!

Silhouette Special, yes? The Special is routed HSS. Alder body and apart from the colour and MIAC logo they are normal Silhouette Specials. nice guitars, plenty of mentions over the years on the forum...

https://www.google.fr/search?q=MIAC+silhouette+site:ernieball.com

Silhouette Special is my no. 1. Love it to bits. Classy versatile, awesome instrument.

canuck6string

The pickups are DiMarzio. Single coils are close to the current True Velvet lineup. Gives you all kinds of Stratty goodness in a comfy, ergonomic package.

*The preceding message is an unbiased testimony of a current Silhouette Special owner* ;)

Last edited:

jmp220478

Hi Guys - picked up one in a trade deal - needs some tlc - fret dress / work on trem unit but otherwise its very nice instrument ...

I know nothing about this guitar though - pickups ? body ( assuming alder ) - were they routed as standard for SSH ...

Would also love your insight into your experiences on this model etc

cheers in advance

Coffeemug

Oooh...this one's right up my alley. Fantastic looking guitar, very classy.
Those Silo Specials are amazing and versatile instruments, huge congrats on the purchase!

While I'm usually a big fan of tort pickguards I would leave it as it is...it looks just right!

jmp220478

where can I find a wiring diagram - want to experiment with a bridge pickup replacement ?

I've mailed Customer service - but I have a 'lil59 I want to try and some time today before xmas takes over ..

Many thanks for looking - happy holidays to you n yours

Top Bottom