• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

fogman

I must admit, the new colors look much better in the videos than they do in the pictures.

beej

Man, I think they look great!

What's interesting is seeing it with black binding- looks like a Sport with a figured top. I guess I'm so used to seeing the outline of the guitar in white.

EBMM_EVH_1992

Black binding taking a little getting used to .. didn't even notice that at first from the overheard shots on the site.

kingdoublecut

The black binding is a subtle touch, but I like it. I notice the pickup rout is a bit different...the "Dimarzio: triangle cut is not as sharp. Are they gearing up to perhaps wind in house pups for the Axis? I have always much preferred the triangle cut to the square cut...a small detail that does speak to me.

fogman

Foggy, so which do you fancy? You seem pretty interested.

Glenn |B)

I've been wanting an Axis for many years. Should have grabbed one when they were plentiful and cheaper. lol
The Roaster Amber is a big no for me. Don't like it at all.
I do like the Yucatan; but as I was saying in the other thread, I won't blind order one as there is too much possible variance in the colour and tops. It will be the most expensive guitar I'll own, so I need to totally love the look of it.
On the other hand, should a nice used beautiful one come along, I have no problem jumping on that.
There's no rush on the purchase. I'm excited but patient.

GWDavis28

I've been wanting an Axis for many years. Should have grabbed one when they were plentiful and cheaper. lol
The Roaster Amber is a big no for me. Don't like it at all.
I do like the Yucatan; but as I was saying in the other thread, I won't blind order one as there is too much possible variance in the colour and tops. It will be the most expensive guitar I'll own, so I need to totally love the look of it.
On the other hand, should a nice used beautiful one come along, I have no problem jumping on that.
There's no rush on the purchase. I'm excited but patient.

Nice man, I completely understand the top call, that makes total sense.

Good luck, in your search. Glenn |B)

tbonesullivan

The black binding is a subtle touch, but I like it. I notice the pickup rout is a bit different...the "Dimarzio: triangle cut is not as sharp. Are they gearing up to perhaps wind in house pups for the Axis? I have always much preferred the triangle cut to the square cut...a small detail that does speak to me.

They look a bit rounder, yes, but they also do on the Majesty and JP models, which use Dimarzio pickups. Those pickups are EBMM exclusive, and were custom voiced for the original EVH models. They are literally the reason I wanted to buy an Axis and Axis SS. It really wouldn't be an Axis without them.

thegregslife

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread to ask this, but does anyone know when Music Man typically releases a new lineup of BFRs? I was looking through the past BFR months, and it seems like we should have seen a new BFR lineup by now...?

fogman

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread to ask this, but does anyone know when Music Man typically releases a new lineup of BFRs? I was looking through the past BFR months, and it seems like we should have seen a new BFR lineup by now...?

I'm not sure about all the BFRs in general as they seems to randomly release them.
But they did say a while back that there would be some BFR Axis offerings around December.

Dargin

Ernie Ball Customer Service
Something to note which I haven't seen mentioned is that the Roasted Amber Axis has a roasted top.

Also, the next BFR is at the end of this month! Cutlass HSS, Bongo 5, Stingray Special 4, and Stingray guitar. September and December are the next two for the year. There will be only one Axis now in the December launch.

fogman

Ya, it's gorgeous. But there's no way I'd be paying that price!!! Yikes. lol

Astrofreq

That's just out of control!!

Attachments

• 5cb8f241ba92bbd96ad90f6ec16ae8c36e85afadd0d492fc9d63320a5368163c.jpg
    5cb8f241ba92bbd96ad90f6ec16ae8c36e85afadd0d492fc9d63320a5368163c.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 70
Top Bottom