• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

mmbassplayer

Marc... I like the new Orange Bongo. Great look for that bass. The smoked chrome finish on the Stingray is also very nice. I am guessing the Sterling is now discontinued. Also wondering the blog entry for the Bongo states available in H, HH and HS. Hoping this is correct and they have added these options back to the line up but thinking it is not. JOSH

Edmang

I like the orange harvest too. Hoping the HS really is back

My three favorite colors for the Stingray are Forest Green Pearl, Snowy Night and Amethyst sparkle.

Doubt the Sterling would be discontinued. If anything think it may go out of production for a bit like the classics, and return at a later date

GregP

It lists both colors on the short scale as discontinued. I hope this just means the new colors aren’t up on the site yet. I’d be very sad to see this wonderful bass go. I really cherish mine.

PeteDuBaldo

It lists both colors on the short scale as discontinued. I hope this just means the new colors aren’t up on the site yet. I’d be very sad to see this wonderful bass go. I really cherish mine.

There are 4 new short scale colors for sale in the ebmm "vault" and there may be other colors that become available through dealers later on.

danny-79

Raspberry Burst and Smoked Chrome are about my favourite.

The Amethyst Sparkle looks good with the gold hardware but I’m not brave enough for that one :p (I’m usually not a fan of gold but in the right setting it can look good. Just my opinion)

twiceVehk

I'm actually pretty disappointed. They discontinued, what, 17 colors and replaced them with only 8? Also the colors are pretty polarizing, amethyst sparkle for example. Smoked chrome looks great, but its just charcoal sparkle with a burst and black headstock, suddenly that's worth an extra $200?

So less colors that are more expensive, and no classic options like a normal 3tsb, natural, or white.

OllyW

I really like the look of the new Speed Blue, Frost Green and Snowy Night Stingrays but the 40+% price increase in the UK is just ridiculous.

Monahan

Personally, I'm not crazy about the 2021 color options compared with the 2020 choices. However, I don't see that as a bad thing-- these new colors will appeal to a lot of folks, some of whom likely didn't care for the 2020 offerings. So it's a good thing for them. Then, a few years from now the used market with be flush with color options :D

Also I'm really happy with my StingRays, and have no reason to consider replacing/adding to my collection. Although since receiving a second-hand Bongo 4H I have been considering a 5-string version... so I could maybe, possibly, be browsing through the new '21 colors, but a financial miracle would first be necessary ;)

Last edited:

jb90

I think that EBMM should never leave some colour options like natural, sunburnst, black, white/cream and red. Those are standard colours which suits perfect for probably any bass on this planet. And personally I don't like the new colour palette of EBMM basses. And I don't like those sparkly new ones the most. I don't know... maybe I'm a "old-school" guy but I have SR4H from 2005 in natural and I love this simple and classic design. And matching headstock for rosewood/ebony fingerboard basses looks stunning too.

ComeHomeShane

Not crazy about the 2021 colors. I actually like the gator paint job on the sabre(?) guitar the most, but would likely never buy it for myself on a bass.

I'm biting my nails waiting for EBMM to announce the new bass model!?!?!?

GlennZen

I am not liking the new colors at all. I can't say there are any I would pick whereas last year there were so many great coIors I had a hard time choosing, finally going with Maroon Mist. Honestly I don't think there was a bad color in the bunch whereas this year not a good one. That amethyst sparkle with the gold trim is both cheap looking and hideous and the snowy night makes me gag ever time I see it. The rest are just too boring to talk about. Bring on more dazzling and tasteful colors such as tectonic blue, ghostwood, ghostpepper, sunburst, or charging green. Even better a color that changes in the light such as plumpkin. I do like the new shortscale colors however. That pink is hot and how can you go wrong with red? You can do much better Musicman team. Hopefully there are mid summer new colors coming that have some real thought put behind them instead of this collection of lackluster mishmash. The prices went up so if they want my money for another bass this year they best also up there game on color selection.

Last edited:

MarcMurder

I was/am really hopeful for something new, like another bass getting the 'special' treatment or a new model. Colors are cool and all but it's not enough to get me to pay for another bass.

RayFan

New color selection is terrible! All very trying to look "modern," none of the prettier, or more traditional finishes like natural. Also, the black hardware options are awful. Really hoping EBMM will do some more BFR Stingrays with a natural finish. Natural or wood grain finishes seem like bread n' butter Stringray finish - I don't understand how EBMM isn't offering a single bass in that option. Color options have always been limited in this line, but 2021 seems particularly bad. Not a single one of the current line of colors will make me buy.

GlennZen

I didn't like any of the new colors either so was lucky enough to find a new Tectonic Blue Sparkle 4HH with ebony fret board a few days ago that had a born on date of just 3 and a half weeks ago. Not only is it gorgeous but I avoided the $100 price increase to boot.

Top Bottom