• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jones4tone

I found a 20th Anniversary Silhouette HH hardtail with piezo that needed to get to my house. But I had it shipped straight to Pete DuBaldo first for a mod.

It's on its way to me now with some new tricks up its sleeve. Pete replaced the 3-way toggle pickup selector switch with a Free-Way 6-position toggle switch. One side has the original, factory pickup options. The other has a single-coil bridge option, single-coil neck option, and both humbuckers wired out-of-phase as the final option.

I'll be sure to post some pictures after it arrives. Meanwhile, back to obsessively refreshing that tracking page... :)

PeteDuBaldo

My opinion is that it's a nice feature to double the amount of switching options without drilling a hole or wiring a push/pull. In this situation a push/pull would not have worked as the two volume & the tone controls are mounted on a PC board along with the piezo electronics. A minimal amount of routing (lower left edge in picture) was needed for the new switch to fit, this may not be necessary in some models.

attachment.php

20thSiloFreewayInstalled.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom