• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

aaroa

I'm in love with your guitar, slucas. You could do just about any gig with that thing I imagine.

bazxkr

Must be come in# 32 your time is up... or did I miss the count

here is my lil beastie
25th b.jpg

Enjoy

Who's next.... not many of these in the UK

Cheers
Baz

dwells

Not sure if ive posted my 25th but here it is:) Best Guitar i own!
279116_4285686773146_1712957426_o.jpg

615897_4285921979026_1672416215_o.jpg

IvysGrandad

Hi All - belatedly signing up for membership. I've had this for a year now and (like everyone else it seems) it instantly became my #1. Like bazxkr says, can't be many in the UK - but here's another one. Sorry about the top, it really sucks...

P1000548 by Ivys Grandad, on Flickr

coldsummer

Really you have three and one of the limited rosewoods, sweet grea snags!

Hi Sweat, yes I'm afraid so, very greedy of me I know, but I never really planned to have three. I started off with the Flame top one on the left and really wanted one of the limited R/W neck models but pretty much gave up on getting one, especially as I am in the UK. So I got the Quilt top one from Slav and pretty much straight away the BFR came up and I couldn't resist. I should really sell the other two but they each have their own unique character.

Tollywood

Hi Sweat, yes I'm afraid so, very greedy of me I know, but I never really planned to have three. I started off with the Flame top one on the left and really wanted one of the limited R/W neck models but pretty much gave up on getting one, especially as I am in the UK. So I got the Quilt top one from Slav and pretty much straight away the BFR came up and I couldn't resist. I should really sell the other two but they each have their own unique character.

I love all three, but that BFR is my #1 pick of the bunch.

painkiller

I'm a long time lurker and did not post very much so far (not at all to be exact :eek:)
But here's another one for the gallery. I own this guitar since the 25th was released. This is also the only EBMM guitar I have and it's one of the best of my stable. EBMM fooled themselfs with this model, because it's so perfect that I don't need another EBMM guitar! :p

25th.jpg

Last edited:

joegrant413

I just brought home a NOS 25th Anniversary Guitar!

Honestly, I kinda' stumbled into it. Started guitar shopping, and played a guitar that I thought was the Axis. Came back to the store intending to buy it, then realized it was a 25th Anniversary.

This is the first time I had ever seriously looked at any EBMM guitar or bass. My NOS guitar was priced to sell on clearance. GC really wanted it out. I'm only now realizing I've stumbled into quite a find!

My previous guitar was an Ibanez S from 1994. Very nice guitar, but this 25th Anniversary is obviously in a different league.

My serial number is G47627. Don't know what -- if anything -- that indicates about the guitar.

BTW, my axe has a maple neck and non-floating vibrato bar. I got a few questions about using this guitar optimally, esp. regarding the 5-pickup setting and the parallel / series toggle. I'll look around the forum and website for awhile before asking much.

Cheers,
- Joe, St. Louis area

BUC

Welcome to the addiction Joe. I used to be a big Ibanez fan but bought an early Petrucci when JP switched camps, then...well just look at my signature line.

The 25th is a sweet axe. I have a maple/trem. I would suggest letting the bridge float just a little. Mine has maybe a half step up available and it will still Drop D without going crazy. Also is insanely stable tuning-wise. Mine also has the best unplugged sustain of any guitar I own hands down. Go out and have a bite to eat and she'll still be singing.

I will tell you that I've found that pickup positions 2&3 on my axe, are pretty similar. Difficult to tell the difference unless you have a pretty clean amp setting with high's available. I also think it's a very unique voiced guitar, I don't really try to compare it to anything else. Let it be itself.

Another great thing about the axe is the tone knob is very usable. This is especially cool since the bridge humbucker is a little brighter than most, which is cool, but with the tone knob it really gives you a whole 'nother voice.

ozzyrules

I just brought home a NOS 25th Anniversary Guitar!

. I got a few questions about using this guitar optimally, esp. regarding the 5-pickup setting and the parallel / series toggle. I'll look around the forum and website for awhile before asking much.

Cheers,
- Joe, St. Louis area

Careful Joe, my first was also a 25th that I stumbled upon. I now own 10. If I could only own 1, and was a gigging musician, it would be my 25th. You'll figure out the diversity. Congrats.

joegrant413

A couple of questions:

- Is there anything like an owners manual or web page about owning and maintaining this particular guitar?

- What strings do you guys use?

- What do you do to polish / keep up the fit and finish?

- Do you use the vibrato / tremolo bar? If so, how well does the guitar stay in tune? (I ask because initially I was looking for a hard tail guitar, having gotten wary of vibrato bar hassles.)

- What roughly was the the street price of the 25h anniversary guitar when it first came out?

- Is there a group or web page for us... or is this thread the closest thing to that ;) ?

Cheers,
- Joe

Last edited:

BUC

I don't think there's an "owners manual" per se
I use regular EB 10's...YMMV
Most recently I've used the EBMM polish but I've used other stuff guitar polishes and they work just fine
My vibrato floats just a little. Up a 1/2 step. Stays in tune ludicrously well. I do a couple EVH tunes with big dive bombs (Ice Cream Man). No problem. I DO put graphite on the nut when I change strings with all my guitars.
No idea the price
You're here

Top Bottom