• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

John Denner

Hoping everyone made it through this ok!

5.4 quake rattles Los Angeles AREA!

It was centered near Chino Hills, about 30 miles east of Los Angeles, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has activated the Office of Emergency Services.

The L.A. County Sheriff's Department said it has no immediate reports of injuries.

The Stanley Mosk Courthouse on Grand Avenue has been evacuated as a precautionary measure. Security officials said they expect the building to reopen after one hour.

The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors were in closed session at the time of the earthquake and did not suspend their meeting.

The quake interrupted a meeting of the Los Angeles City Council, causing the 27-story City Hall to sway just as Councilman Dennis Zine was criticizing a plan to increase trash fees.

"Earthquake! Earthquake! We've got an earthquake," said Zine, as members of the audience began to cry out. "It's still happening."

Orange County also felt shaking.

"It's the first time in my life I actually got under my desk," said Anaheim Police Sgt. Ken Seymour, who has lived in Southern California his whole life.

TheStiffness

Ernie Ball, Inc.
"It's the first time in my life I actually got under my desk," said Anaheim Police Sgt. Ken Seymour, who has lived in Southern California his whole life. = Weenie
:)
We were gently rocked, here at EB. It was relaxing.

Jodizzle

The news said that there is a 30% chance of a larger aftershock within the next 30 days.
Ahh California

kevin

Ernie Ball Customer Service
The news said that there is a 30% chance of a larger aftershock within the next 30 days.
Ahh California

Now thats scary.....whats the percentage for the next 100 days??? Do the math...ha,ha,ha jk!! :)

"Earthquake! Earthquake! We've got an earthquake," said Zine, as members of the audience began to cry out. "It's still happening."

This guy was something else....he kept moderating as the earthquake was going on...."it's still happening" I think people figured that since the ground was shaking.

fogman

i envy a lot of things you have over there, weather, ocean, etc.... that's not one of them!
my fingers are crossed that if there's another, it's minimal.

Top Bottom