• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

crazyhakins

I have a 6166 I bought from ebay. It seems to e in good condition, but the arch on the volume pedal is skewed badly. When I depress the footswitch to increase volume nothing happens until I am almost at the the top and then the volume suddenly increases to basically it's maximum, thus allowing no gradual volume changes. It's just a line on/off switch at the moment. So, is there a way to fix it? It's currently between a little desk I run and the line out to another source (didn't work in the effects loop). The desk is a behringer 1204 or something. Would this be a signal strength problem?

drewbixcubed

Crazy....check out the FAQ on our pedals (Ernie Ball | FAQ).

But in short, it sounds like you are running an active signal into a pedal that is meant to have passive signals run through it. I would recommend, if you prefer to run your pedal at that point in your signal chain, to use one of our 25K pedals.

There is nothing defective about your pedal, you just have it in a non recommended signal chain location.

crazyhakins

sounds good. so if I run it between the mic (which is a sennheiser e904) and the desk it will work better?

drewbixcubed

To be honest, I am not sure about the setup using a cardioid mic, especially if you are running any sort of phantom power through the pedal (not ideal toi say the least).

If you are using it as a master volume between your "desk and line out", you will most likely be better off with the 25K pedal which is meant for that kind of line level.

Top Bottom