• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

ilai barak

hello everyone i had few questions about my majesty 7 ive had it for a year and a half now and i wanted to see the community's opinion on stuff before i get them done my majesty is a 2014 version so it has the illuminator pickups would you recommend the illuminator pickups or rainmaker and dream catcher? also has anyone played with the piezo eq on the back plate? idk how Petrucci gets this crazy acustic sound i have bodyrez pedal and mark v 90 amp and lastly would you change the pickups contols? i feel like its stupid that only the middle position is split able i want to split my pickups like a prs guitar or even get a split that will make it sound like tele (just an example)

Vadauco

would you recommend the illuminator pickups or rainmaker and dream catcher?

The Illuminators have been developed in 2013 for the JP13, which was the first model with a 100% active preamp – that is, the guitar won't work without batteries. Later in 2019, the Dreamcatcher/Rainmaker combo was developed specifically for the Majesty. While you may like more one or another, John himself prefers the newer ones.

also has anyone played with the piezo eq on the back plate? idk how Petrucci gets this crazy acustic sound i have bodyrez pedal and mark v 90 amp and lastly would you change the pickups contols?

John uses his Taylor acoustic guitar both live and in the studio for many years, it has nothing to do with pedals or the piezo EQ. The piezo is used together with the inner coils of the magnetic pickups to create a specific tone.

Back in the early 2000's, however, John did use the piezo instead of an actual acoustic guitar as seen in the Metropolis 2000 concert. And as you can hear, it doesn't sound exactly like an actual acoustic. The piezo sounds like... well, a piezo.

i feel like its stupid that only the middle position is split able i want to split my pickups like a prs guitar or even get a split that will make it sound like tele (just an example)

The middle position activates the inner coils of both pickups when the tone knob push/push is up.

Last edited:

ilai barak

The Illuminators have been developed in 2013 for the JP13, which was the first model with a 100% active preamp – that is, the guitar won't work without batteries. Later in 2019, the Dreamcatcher/Rainmaker combo was developed specifically for the Majesty. While you may like more one or another, John himself prefers the newer ones.

John uses his Taylor acoustic guitar both live and in the studio for many years, it has nothing to do with pedals or the piezo EQ. The piezo is used together with the inner coils of the magnetic pickups to create a specific tone.

Back in the early 2000's, however, John did use the piezo instead of an actual acoustic guitar as seen in the Metropolis 2000 concert. And as you can hear, it doesn't sound exactly like an actual acoustic. The piezo sounds like... well, a piezo.

The middle position activates the inner coils of both pickups when the tone knob push/push is up.
i saw him play live with the piezo the count of Tuscany and it sounded exactly like the recordings so idk but about the split i thought of having a full split like a prs guitar the question is, is it actually worth doing will it give me new sounds to play with

Lax

Just an acoustic simulator or an ir or tone match block in the axefx can do huge changes.
Not mentioning chorus etc

Top Bottom