• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

beep.click

I got one a few days ago, my sixth EBMM guitar. Great necks, and this one has an amazing sparkle finish as well.

I am curious about the stock strap buttons. They look like they might be part of a locking system, but I'm not sure which one. Sort of similar to the Planet Waves stuff, but I am not in a position to check.

Anyone know?

jayjayjay

I don't think they're part of a locking system, but I just use regular straps. If accepts strap locks, it would be Ernie Ball's strap lock system. You know, keeping it in the family.

I see you're new here. There's a rule about new guitar posts - pictures or it didn't happen.

beep.click

Thanks, I wondered if it might be EB strap locks. In the pictures I see online, the EB buttons seem to have a thicker "head" part.

I can try to get pictures up here, but I suspect the colors will NOT come across. I've experienced this before: in person, the colors just pop. In a picture, they look lifeless. On this guitar, the colors are anything but lifeless.

GWDavis28

Thanks, I wondered if it might be EB strap locks. In the pictures I see online, the EB buttons seem to have a thicker "head" part.

I can try to get pictures up here, but I suspect the colors will NOT come across. I've experienced this before: in person, the colors just pop. In a picture, they look lifeless. On this guitar, the colors are anything but lifeless.
Try it in natural light, sometimes that helps. Sparkle finishes are the toughest to capture.

Glenn |B)

xjbebop

Welcome! As mentioned, many EBMM finishes are notoriously difficult to capture in photos well...
Like GW says, natural light and certain angles can help...

HWZQajl.jpg

NickNihil

Such a gorgeous guitar! How's the tone on it? They're using different pickups than the standard AL HH, correct? The copy says Music Man pickups on this one instead of the custom Dimarzios.

beep.click

Sonically, this guitar is in the Goldilocks zone for me: not at all dark, lots of clarity. I've never seen or played another AL HH, so I can't compare. FWIW, I've only been playing it clean, but through various amps, and it's been very satisfying.

Last edited:

wannarock8

Congratulations! I got one recently also. I’ve gotten a chance to plug it in a bit, and compare it a bit to other guitars like my Axis Super Sports. The Cherry Punch Albert Lee pickups are hot, crunchy and focused. Audibly higher output than an Axis Super Sport. A great hard rock guitar.
3FF7BFAE-7580-4C4F-9715-3DF644608356.jpeg
23E9309D-3C5F-4F32-B1EE-B1CB6221CC56.jpeg

GWDavis28

Dude that's a great way to come on board I love the finish on that and I also love the pick guard less look.

AL's Rule!!!

Congrats!!!!! Glenn |B)

Top Bottom