• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

SGMan88

I need help finding a new amp for my SG. maybe something around 100 watts or under. All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!!!

shreder75

have ya tried out any peavy amps? I played through a XXX head when I was tryin' out guitars recently and it sounds really good..not sure how many watts it is....the new JSX (satch's signature head) sounds pretty sweet as well....sounded great on the G3 tour and if it's satch you know it's gotta be versatile...

I found the marshall combos to sound pretty good....the mx something or otehr I think it was called...

I ended up going with line 6 cause I always change my mind as to whether I like my sound or not and I play at lower volumes so I wanted something that held its gain at lower levels..I've had all kinds of big tube amps...triaxis, triple recto, 5150..could never get the sound out of them that I wanted..

just some thoughts for u based on what I've played..not what I've read ;)

lock-ny

I grabbed a XXX about 2 years ago after going through the recto and marshall stuff and the XXX with EL34's is your basic hot rodded marshall/recto in one amp, they sound great and they get good gain at low volumes as well, they also make a 60 watt combo and a 212 combo- it really all depends what your uses are and how much you are willing to spend, bogner uberschalls are incredible as are diezel heads but they arent cheap, ENGL makes some good modern toned stuff as well, it really depends on your price range, but the Peavey XXX is an incredible bang for your buck, you just need to do some tube swapping in the pre and power amp IMO -

Victor

Hello.
I thinkt that the Peavey bandit 112 is a awesome amp for almost no money at all.

It may not be the best amp in the world, but it is REALLY good for the price!

Victor

Top Bottom