• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Spudmurphy

Well I thought long and hard about posting on the EB MM forum asking this, but (mods) I don't envisage this taking up a lot of bandwidth on the forum, and I just ask (as a favour) for a bit of indulgence, after all I feel like part of a family family around here, and in the main I try to contribute on guitars - and I don't really post on other forums. (There rests the case for the defence m'lord).

I will be importing a car from the USA in 4 years time when I retire and I need advise on how to search on the internet in these hot / dry areas of the USA. Don't laugh, but the car I really want is a Delorean, and it (the frame/underbody) has to be in tip top shape - hece importing from a hot dry area.

So apart from the US Delorean owners club, what local search engines can I use to track one down?
Apparently in Europe there are 5 Deloreans for sale whereas in the US there are 100's at any given time.

You can e mail me Spudwales a t googlemail d o t com if you want.

Thanks Guys n Gals

Spud

SBMM

Hey Spud!

There are SO MANY of those in my area here in Southern California...
Here is a link to a really nice low mileage one that needs a fuel pump. 1982 DMC Delorean Back To the Future Car Original 1 Owner

If I were you I wouldn't buy from anywhere else except the Southwest USA. I've been in the vintage car hobby for years and years, and SoCal is the place for them if you want a rust free car.

If you do find one here in the SoCal area, I'd be glad to help you out and go look at it. In my past life (pre business-end of the music business, I was a Master Mechanic)

mtrejo

I'd like to suggest you import one of these first Spud, see how you get along with it first. It's sealed so no rust at all. It's in my area if you'd like any further details or want me to check it out for you. :D

01717_ej94dDWXIwZ_600x450.jpg
Hot Wheels Delorean and Challenger

Wow Brian, master mechanic, didn't know that about you! Very cool. Tell them about the acting career…great story. ha.

mtrejo

Oh man! GTO? Damn, I woulda loved to have seen it.
No worries, gonna be there soon enough, visiting the Palace.

TNT

Hmmmmmm....... interesting?? Awful lot of metal on that car (lots of Floyd Rose bridges can be made).

Wouldn't you rather import a Kia Soul, it can handle ALL your gear, plus you can sleep in it when your on tour!! Most importantly, you wouldn't need a savings account just to maintain the Delorean over the years (that's a lot of EBMM guitars you may be giving up!).

Spudmurphy

Nice one guys. Thanks for the replies. Nice one Brian - pm on it's way.

Nah- I got an amp I'd been after for many years, I love all my guitars and want for no more.
I realised that when I was foolhardy to think about modding my hardtail Albert a few weeks ago and came to my senses.

I want to keep busy when I retire in 4 years and want to get back to an old passion of mine - working on cars (as well as play music). So I need to study the for sale market in the states where they were nearly all exported to. Pricewise the parts are no more expensive than modern cars - and it looks a pretty basic V6 to work on.

Top Bottom