• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

franko5150

I tried out a Music Man EVH back in the day at a music store. I loved it, but sadly I did not purchase it. I am now looking into purchasing a Music Man Axis, however when I look at the options it appears there are only 6 color & top options. Is it possible to order one in violet/purple? I had an old Guitar World magazine where EVH had a beautiful Music Man in that color & I've wanted one since then.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Hi and welcome to the forum!

Unless you are an endorsing artist, custom orders are not possible. You'll have to buy used, or wait for possible limited run. There's a vintage quilt top, a solid top, and and brand new limited edition quit top on reverb right now.

Last edited:

jlf599

I tried out a Music Man EVH back in the day at a music store. I loved it, but sadly I did not purchase it. I am now looking into purchasing a Music Man Axis, however when I look at the options it appears there are only 6 color & top options. Is it possible to order one in violet/purple? I had an old Guitar World magazine where EVH had a beautiful Music Man in that color & I've wanted one since then.

Finding purple can be rough...especially since the actual EVH models tended to fade, apparently.

I did come across one of the BFR March 2018 AxisSS (Ball Family Reserve | Ernie Ball Music Man) recently, so they do come up. It's not quite the vibrant purple of the EVH, but it's still pretty amazing. Watching Reverb and Ebay like a hawk is about the only answer. :)

J

GWDavis28

I was hooked on the Purple EVH as well it's what drew me to Music Man.

They are out there, but I have a feeling you'll be paying a premium for a while with Eddies passing, EVH or Axis.

There is one on Reverb right now, not cheap and the BFR that JLF599 spoke about.

Good luck with your search it may take a while. Glenn |B)

jlf599

I was hooked on the Purple EVH as well it's what drew me to Music Man.

They are out there, but I have a feeling you'll be paying a premium for a while with Eddies passing, EVH or Axis.

There is one on Reverb right now, not cheap and the BFR that JLF599 spoke about.

Good luck with your search it may take a while. Glenn |B)

Yeah, prices on the EVH model were already high...but now they've crossed into a bit ridiculous. It'll eventually come back down in time. Same thing happened with Madcats and such after Prince's death.

J

franko5150

Thank you guys for the responses. I just didn't know if they could do that as a custom order or not. I couldn't find that on the page & the extremely limited variety of colors is a major bummer. I guess it will have to be a quilted amber, which really isn't that bad after all.
I DID see the used ones on Reverb & other sites, but I'm not about to pay $6K for a used guitar.
I'm assuming the wait is 6 months to a year?

Razzle

But you were asking about an Axis right? You can get an Axis in purple, one of the best colors. They're out there, just keep looking.

XhDzKgo.jpg

GWDavis28

Thank you guys for the responses. I just didn't know if they could do that as a custom order or not. I couldn't find that on the page & the extremely limited variety of colors is a major bummer. I guess it will have to be a quilted amber, which really isn't that bad after all.
I DID see the used ones on Reverb & other sites, but I'm not about to pay $6K for a used guitar.
I'm assuming the wait is 6 months to a year?

Yah $6K is dumb money IMO. If you really want it you'll locate it, but it'll take time and patience.

Good luck with the search, Glenn |B)

wannarock8

That magenta pink/purple on quilt is one of my favorite colors. There was a BFR Axis Super Sport a few years ago in that color.
Good luck in the hunt for a purple one.
And I agree, the amber finish on quilt is pretty stunning too.

jlf599

That magenta pink/purple on quilt is one of my favorite colors. There was a BFR Axis Super Sport a few years ago in that color.
Good luck in the hunt for a purple one.
And I agree, the amber finish on quilt is pretty stunning too.

Found one of the BFR SuperSports from 2018 in Trans Light Purple...there are 26 more out there. :)

pkqjy8va96nppfbftcg1.jpg

Top Bottom