• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

pokerman

The Axis Sport I purchased finally arrived today. It's awesome! IAs I mentioned on a previous thread.... I purchased this NOS on E-bay. The music shop said it was a 1999. Anyone know for sure? Serial # is A91454. Doesn't have a scratch, ding or nick on it...it's beautiful... exactly what I had hoped for.

Have one concern though... it arrived with the strings incredibly loose. Wonder if there may be potential problem with bridge/trim? Anything I should be concerned with because of this?...thanks a milion.

Jimi D

Many people and businesses loosen the string tension on a guitar before shipping - a practice I don't particularly believe in, but it shouldn't result in any damage... You will probably have to adjust the truss rod slightly a couple times to get the relief where you want it after tuning it back up to pitch...

Congrats on the new Axis! :cool:

pokerman

Thanks for the insight Jimi D. I have gotten it tuned. Will play with it a little and see if some adjustment is needed. I'll post a pic as well as soon as I get a chance to take one and load it. I really can't believe the quality of this guitar. Amazing for the price I paid. Trans teal color with white pg (beautiful wood grain underneath). Solid body (I believe must be ash). Birdseye maple neck. Rosewood board. The finish is blistering and the neck feels like an old friend. MM is sweet. Thanks much.

Top Bottom