• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Stevie

Hi All,

Hoping to get some responses on what your Axis' action is at the 12th fret for high and low E.

I've got both of mine to the lowest I believe I can get, however I'd like to understand where your Axis' action is at please and compare. I do understand some prefer high, some low and the rest in between.

Thanks in advance.

jayjayjay

Mine is ~1.5mm on both low and high at the 12th fret. I had MM set it up for me that way when I had the instrument in for warranty service earlier this year.

It's a touch lower than normal - factory spec is 4/64 (~1.6mm) across all strings.

Iceman8.6

Straight from EB on how to set up the Axis with a Non-Floating Locking Tremolo:

The Axis guitar is designed for the tremolo to sit flat on the body, and only allow movement in the dive-bomb direction.
Because the bridge is limited in its adjustability via the pivot screws, the string height is primarily adjusted by adding or removing shims from the neck pocket.
The action is set at 4/64” (1.6mm) across all open strings, measured at the 12th fret.

I keep mine @ 4/64 or 0.0625.

GBeattie

Mine is 1.4-1.5mm @ 12th on all strings with dead straight neck. I shimmed the inner saddles with copper tape to get them at 1.5mm or just under also, matching the 10" radius. Just under 1.5mm is the sweet spot for me which helps minimise any choking on the high e bends etc. If I was happy to ignore that then I would go lower but I play with low to medium gain so prefere it clean for the bends

Top Bottom