• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

AdamAg98

Anyone had this happen before? I was restringing and the high E suddenly had a lot of tension when turning the button. It suddenly stopped (either direction) and when I gave it a...stupid additional twist....the pearloid button shattered. It appears the gears inside the tuner body jammed and the post no longer turns in either direction.

Thank goodness MM sells them individually. Schaller is 50 euros to ship a single from Europe, and all online locations I found wanted me to purchase a full set of tuners.

tbonesullivan

Whoa, that's weird! I'd love to dissect that tuner to see what happened inside. That's definitely not typical by any stretch of the imagination.

Sweat

Never on a non locking but have had an issue a few times with the locking tuner, EBMM or Pete always took care of me

Stevie

Yes, the same thing happened to a high E tuner on my Tribute, it was no more than 2 - 3 years old. Fortunately replaceable via a MM distributor.

AdamAg98

Thanks DrKev! I found the tuner on the MM shop a few days ago. It should arrive tomorrow. I originally found the link to order directly from Schaller - costs about 50 Euros once shipping is added. They apparently like them a lot :) Only $25 shipped from the MM online store and they specifically label it for the Axis or EVH which hopefully means I couldn't screw the order up. Shop Ernie Ball Music Man - Schaller Non-locking Tuner for High B or E Strings :D

AdamAg98

Once I get the new one installed I'll disassemble the original and give an update/pics.

Top Bottom